Couldve been me

'What?!' she replied, panicking.

'It was a Griever. We thought it was dead- it was just sat there, and alby took a step toward it and it attacked him.. We had to drag him back here and he's been going through the changing ever since' Thomas explained.

'Changing? What's a changing?' Lythia asked, confused.

'You dont want to see' Gally said. More of an order.  'But she's-'
'shut up Thomas' Gally snapped. 'If it's anything like I went through I don't think she'd be okay seeing that.' 

Lythia remembered the time Galy had told her about his time in the maze, how he almost died.

'I think I deserve to know just as much as you do.' She told him.

Gally rolled his eyes. It was getting harder and harder for him to say no to this girl.

'He's restrained right?' He asked Thomas.

'Obviously.' He replied. 

Lythia sensed the tension between them even at a time like this.

They ran into the medjack building, Lythia in tow, surprised at how fast the Gally could run, now that she was seeing him infront. The screams had died down.

Inside, alby was laid on the wooden table, tied down by his arms, legs, and torso. Lythia seen his pain, and wondered why anyone would ever do this to another being.

 His veins along his sweaty neck were buldging and purple, his fingers were twitching slightly. His breathing was laboured, and his lungs moved heavily.

'Why is he tied up like this? This is inhumane' she mumbled.

'He's not safe' Thomas replied.

'Well I don't know about you but he doesn't look like he wants to jump up and murder us all does he?' she said, looking at his body that was now limp.

She moved forward, our stretching her arm to feel his temperature.

'Lythia..' Gally warned.

She was about to lightly touch Alby, when all of a sudden his eyes shot open, they were bloodshot and the pupils were wide, his body jolting and tensing as the most horrific scream erupted from him. He lashed and struggled, and Lythia swore swear for one moment that he tried to bite her.

She jumped back, into Gally.

'Oh shuck' a medjack mumbled, injecting Gally with different medications and holding him down. The purple veins budged even more, he started to froth at the mouth.

'He's gonna choke!' she warned, however keeping her distance as another medjack lifted Albys thrashing head. He took a gasp, his whole body tensing as he looked right at me.

'You're all gonna die. All of you' his voice was clear and stern. Lythia looked at him in terror, as his body went limp once again, except this time blood poured from his nose, ears, eyes. The medjacks hurriedly fussed around him, opening his eyes, pushing on his chest.

'He's dead.' One of them said. 

'Can't.. Can't you try and get him back?' Lythia asked, as she felt gallys arms wrap around her. He was tense, she reckoned he was just as scared as her.

'They can't' he whispered.

'The poison has spread through his body already.' Thomas added, looking at albys lifeless body.

Alby was dead.

*
The news had spread quickly and everyone was shocked- some even cried. It was hard for them, especially since alby was the oldest here. The one that had outlived everyone else; been here for the longest. He was one everyone looked up to. Even Gally, no matter how much he denied it.

Everyone skipped breakfast and gathered at the deadheads for his funeral. Nobody felt like eating, it would be too different without him. Even Gally was distant.  It really was a hard time for the whole glade. 
Gally hardly said a word to Lythia, or anyone for that matter for the rest of the night. They both slept in the empty room, nobody was around to tell them off about it. If anyone was to it would have been Alby.

 Gally just laid and looked at the ceiling. Lythia wanted to take his mind off it, but she just didn't know what to say.

'What was this room?' she asked.

'Just somewhere for people to be alone. If it all got too much ' he replied, his hands behind his head. Lythia wanted to cuddle into him, to give him affection, but she stayed far on the other side of the bed. She was wary of annoying him, if he was not wanting her to be like that at this time. 'This has deeply bothered you hasn't it?' she sympathetically asked. She knew his current state wasn't all solely on Albys death itself.

 'It just made me think you know? That was me lying on that table looking like that. I've never seen someone else go through the changing before... I could of died. I probably should of He said we were all gonna die. It's the truth. Everything anyone says during the changing comes true.'
'So we're gonna die.' she stated.

'Not you.' He replied, turning to her.

'I'm gonna use all my power to make sure that doesn't happen. I love you. And I've loved you for a long time even if we can't remember a lot of it' he smiled.

There was that flutter in her stomach again. 'I love you.' she simply replied, stretching up to connect her lips to his.

What are we gonna do about her? The males familliar voice sounded, as she cried in the bedroom her and Gally shared. He was gone, and she never even existed in his life. 'Put her to good use' the female whispered. 'And what does that mean?' The man questioned.

'Wicked is running out of kids, right? Everyday more of those boys are dying out there. Soon there will be no more. So throw her in. A lot of hormonal teenage boys will get their use out of her, and she'll breed. And when it's done, we'll wipe her memory again and put her in another maze. It's a brilliant cycle.' She explained.

'She can be the last one. Ever.'

thumbs up for sassy Thomas and sappy Gally. Ya know what I'm gonna do here I'm gonna say a few words that I need to get off my chest in regards to shitty boys and toxic situations. They'll hurt you and betray you, they'll push you down, manipulate you, be little you, make you feel low and worthless. They'll even push you to lengths with their words and actions where you feel like you don't want to be on this planet any more. Verbal and mental abuse is just as bad as physical abuse. Never stay in a toxic manipulated relationship just because they apologise, just because you think 'what if', just because you see all those unrealistic quotes on social media. Leave and put up with the pain for a while, I promise you that your happiness is waiting for you out there somewhere. They don't care about you, and they never have, because if they did they would never dream of saying what they say, doing what they do, pushing you down into a dark place to feel like an alpha, using their clever manipulating ways to make you feel like its your fault,, like your over reacting. You're a queen and you will not let some boy make you feel that way. Theres someone out there that will treat you as you should be treated, see you as their world, make you unbelievably happy in places you thought wasn't even possible. You have to go thru a lot of shit to get to them, finding gold is never easy, but when you do, they'll hold you like you've never been held, love you like you've never been loved, your soul mate. Never give up. Love yourself and focus on yourself. keep going sunshine, your happiness awaits you.