The Walls

Her feet pulled her as fast as she could go, toward the opening in the wall.

After hearing the words 'we're stuck in here' Lythias mind went into fight or flight mose, and seeing the stone wich held them prisoner open up, she ran, she wanted out. foolish really, she didn't know for sure if this was going to be an escape.

'Lythia! Lythia stop!' Newt shouted, she heard his footsteps close behind her, and picked up her pace, weaved between the animal pens, newt falling far behind her. she was shocked at how agile she was, and as newt looked on in horror, breathless, he was just as shocked. She was going to get out. She was not staying prisoner with everyone else.

'Bloody hell!' Newts exasperated voice got further away. She was getting closer. 'THE SLINTHEAD GREENIE IS GOING FOR THE MAZE' newts voice echoed.

All eyes turned to her, which only spurred her on to carry on running, ignore the shouts, and any words that newt said she pushed to the back of her head.

 she was so close, so close to getting out of here.

'Why isn't anybody stopping her?!' A gruff voice sounded. She recognised the voice, it made a shiver of fear run down her spine.

  Gally.

'STOP!' He shouted, as she turned to see him running after her, tripping slightly as she carried on. Herself and Gally were the only ones making any movement at this point, the awe and horror on everyone elses faces as they stood still like statues, watching a cat and mouse chase.

 The wall was an arms length away, Lythia smiled to herself, she was there.

Suddenly, the smile was replaced with pain as she was tackled to the ground, landing with a thud, face down, a heavy body weighing her down.

She thrashed and shouted, trying to get up, failing miserably as it was clear her strength was no match for the brute on top of her.

 'Get off!' she shouted, pushing and kicking.

 'Will you stop?!' Gallys voice said over her, his large hands trying to pin hers down.

She'd struggled for a further 3 minutes, until newt and a dark haired boy, helped pin down her arms and legs.

She was exhausted. She was defeated. The poor girl should have known she wasn't going to win. She craned  her neck to get a view. Gally was still on top of her, still aided by Newt and the other boy, who she hadn't seen until this moment. The rest of the glade population stood around, watching her, whispering. 

'You don't wanna go in there greenie' Gally whispered. 'You really don't.'

She felt tears running down her face, a mixture of pain and the mysterious feeling she got when this boy was aggressive toward her.

 'But it's a way out' she whimpered.

'No! It's not! Somewhere out there is an exit but you're not gonna find it just running out there you slinthead! It's dangerous! You'll get lost and they'll eventually get you. Nobody enters the maze unless they're a runner!' He shouted.

'Well then explain!' she cried. 'Cause I deserve to know everything.'

'What are you looking at? Get back to work!' Gally shouted at the other gladers, who immediately obeyed.

'My name is not 'greenie'' she scowled, 'it's LYTHIA'

**
Gally, newt, and the unknown boy took her to the medical part of the homestead, to tend to her wounds.

It was basic, just like the outside, rickety and seemed unsafe. work sufaces made of sanded wood were on every wooden wall, littered with medical equipment, plasters, scissors, antiseptic spray, bandages, almost everything Lythia could think of. a few of the drawers were locked, and in the centre stood an island table, a cloth covering the surface.