Lazy

She was in a dark room. She was laying down, in what she expected to be a bed, as a body cuddled into her from behind. She was awake, but the snores that came from behind her showed that whoever was with her wasn't. Voices came from outside the door, however they sounded distant.
'Are you crazy?! That goes against everything we ever preached in this company' a woman's hushed tone spoke. '

I don't care. It's my company and if i want the bastards out, they're going.' A man replied. '

But you can't just throw them in the maze. What's gonna happen if they remember? What if they blab and ruin everything?' She whispered.

'They won't remember shit. None of the others ever do. Anything is better than them setting them all free like some crazed lunatics. You don't think they'll come after us once they learn? This is happening.'

He sounded agitated. Silence. Then footsteps grew closer, Heavy, but sharp, like a woman's high heels. 'Okay okay!' She exasperated, a little closer to the door. 'But not now. We do this in a professional manner where we know nothing will go wrong. And we take him first.'

She woke up in her homestead bed, Gally sprawled out next to her.
So there was  room for two.
But she distinctly remembers falling asleep on the ground, outside. The daylight shone through the slits of wood and there was nobody else sleeping in the homestead, and the daily sounds of work came from outside. What time was it?

'Hey' a sleepy voice spoke. 

Lythia turned, Gally looking at her.

'Hey... What time is it?' she asked.

'Oh let me just check my Rolex' he sarcastically replied.

'We should be working.. Did I sleep in? Oh god, Gally you've got to get me to some kind of job before we get punished' Lythia panicked, sitting up. She know that lazing around wass frowned up on and everyone has to do their fair share.

'It's fine, Alby came and told me to have a day off. Not that I needed his permission. There's no way I'm letting you do anything today- you've been through too much.' He explained.

'Why am I in a bed?' she asked, laying back down.

'Cause I carried you up here. Didn't wanna wake you. So just chill with me today okay? You'll be thankful for it.' He raised his eyebrows, looking down at her. She  felt this overwhelming urge to kiss him again, thinking about last night, she felt the urge to be so close to him. But her morning breath didn't allow her to. So she just turned, cuddling him.

'That's fine. I've thought about what job I want to do now anyway. I might have a chance now.' she  smiled. 'And what's that?' His hand rested on her back.

'A runner. Minho said no the first time but now I've survived a night in there he might let me.' she explained.

His breath hitched.

Surely she was insane to still want this. At this point Gally felt like her bodyguard, and her rational side of mind.

'A runner. You wanna be a runner after all of that klunk we went through? You're mad.' He said. 'Yeah. Like I said I have a chance now.'

  'Is that what that was supposed to be?' He asked, annoyed. 'Proof that you could survive out there? A show to the audience that you have the ability to become a runner??'
'No. But it plays a part.' She told him.

'It plays no part. If it wasn't for me you would have been nothing out there. You wanna go become a runner and kill yourself?' He snapped. She sat up, looking at him.