Chapter Twenty One

Hope you enjoy!!

---

---

After aimlessly wandering around town for a while, trying to keep my mind clear and to stay relaxed so that I wouldn't have another panic attack, I ended up back in my neighborhood, at my home. My mother and my father, who was surprisingly home and not working on something important that I'm not allowed to know about, didn't seem suspicious because I timed my arrival perfectly. They still watched me a bit closer than usual, but that's because of my strange, abnormally early jog which was, in reality, partying with my brother and having a one night stand with some guy that apparently knows Jay.

If my parents noticed my slightly bruised lips, then they decided to say nothing about it.

It's currently late at night. I sit leaning against one of the white walls of my bedroom, thinking about what happened earlier in the day. Jay and I have shared two kisses now. One was sweet and caring, but his dominant side still shone through. The other kiss was borderline painful due to the blood that mixed into our saliva and his teeth grazing against my skin.

I try to block the inappropriate thoughts out, not wanting to admit to myself that I didn't want the kiss to stop. Some part of me wanted to give him permission fuck me senseless against those lockers in the school hallway. However, the situation did not play out like it would have in a fairytale. My life is slowly turning into a nightmare, and I honestly don't mind.

An extremely loud noise that almost sounds like a gunshot interrupts my thoughts. I stand quickly, shocked from the sudden disturbance. Crossing my bedroom and moving towards the window, I open my blinds and search the scene outside. There are a group of men standing outside a few houses down. I blink thrice, realizing that these are the same men from not long ago that I had seen while waiting for Sean, and they're standing near the same house from before. I crane my head, trying to see if they could have dropped something of extreme weight, but I can't see the source of the sound from here.

It sounded like a gun, which is an immediate sign that screams stay away, but I'm curious about their actions. They're at that house again, so they must be doing something. I know I shouldn't be getting into more trouble, but I just can't help being adventurous.

Grabbing my phone from my bedside table, I stuff it into the pocket of my short pajama shorts and return back to the window, completing my usual routine of sneaking out. After replacing the mesh screen and carefully lowering myself to the ground, my feet meet the cold, wet grass.

I shiver violently, regretting not grabbing my cardigan to wear over my tank top, but I see no point in returning to fetch it now that I'm already outside. Wrapping my arms around my uncovered shoulders, I slowly walk towards the group of men, keeping hidden in the shadows and partially hiding myself behind trees.

The men aren't talking. In fact, they're standing in front of the house, simply scanning the neighborhood, as if they are looking for someone or something. Making sure I'm out of their sight, I attempt to see if they are armed. They don't have any weapons in their hands, but their backs are faced towards the house, so they still could be prepared to shoot me at any given moment. My eyes move to the area around them, once again looking for something that could have made such a booming noise, but I see nothing.

I sigh inwardly, not wanting the mystery to remain unsolved. Deciding that I should leave the situation alone and go to sleep, I turn to walk back to my house, which is not too far away. However, before I can even move two steps forwards, an arm grabs onto my wrist, making me gasp in fright. My head turns to see who is gripping me tightly, and my eyes meet a stranger's brown orbs. "If you scream, I will spray paint your death date onto your school's football field in your own goddamn blood."

He pulls me across the street and forcefully throws me into the arms of one of the other men, who catches me in a bear like, front hug. I try to escape from his grasp, but he just laughs at my attempt and pulls me into the house. Once his men and I are all inside and the door is closed and locked, he lets me go and I sprint a small distance away from his, not wanting to stand close by these seemingly threatening men. "I thought a sweet, elderly couple lived here," I blurt out unexpectedly, speaking the first, random thought that comes to my mind.

"They did, yes," the one who just released me says. "They were awfully kind to us, giving us cookies and milk on Wednesdays, but I'm afraid that they no longer live here." He smiles wickedly, making my heart begin to beat faster out of panic.

The man I'm speaking to doesn't seem to be too much older than Jay. He seems to have the most power out of the group, considering he is the one addressing me. I scowl at him, not alright with the mention of possible murder. "Is that why I'm here?" I ask, my curiosity taking over. "I saw your little gang stand outside a house, and so you have decided that taking me against my will is a good idea."

"Watch your tone kid," he warns me, the others stepping forward towards me slightly.

Mimicking their actions, I step forward towards the leader, a sudden burst of idiotic confidence sparking into life. "Why don't you bite me, you fucking-"

A searing pain swirls through the top of my head; mentally informing me that one of them has attempted to split my skull open. With what, I'm not sure. I fall to the floor while pain courses through my body. I hear the strangers conversing, the sounds distorted and quiet due to my senses canceling out. Blackness takes over my vision like a young child transitioning to a hormonal teenager who has a dark mind and is rebellious.

I fall unconscious, my final thought beforehand being: Why do I crave dangerous adventures to the point of them actually happening?

---

---

Oh, I didn't write an author's note for this chapter... Well hello guys (12/1/15)! It's great that December has finally started and NaNoWriMo is over, but I'm so pumped for next November. I hope you guys are getting into the holiday spirit! If you liked this chapter, please vote and leave a comment because that would really make my day, babes.