Chapter Nine

Neilani's POV:

I woke up to the sound of loud noises coming from downstairs. It was most likely grandma and Mo attempting to make breakfast.

Shaking my head from all the ruckus those two were causing I pulled the sheets off of me as I made my way towards my bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the day.

Then it all came rushing back to me.

Last night.

Secret hide out place with Kai.

My cheeks burned remembering what happened. Who knew the affect he had on me were this much. I smiled and soon took a nice warm shower while brushing my teeth.

After I was satisfied with how long I've been in there,  I wrapped my plush purple towel that hung from the hook and made my way towards my closet inside my bedroom. Being in Hawaii was so surreal.

Staring into my closet for the past five minutes I finally  decided to go with a white knee high sundress with lace sleeves and sandals. Looking into my body mirror I quickly applied light bronzer and mascara to brighten my face. That'll do I said in my head before grabbing my phone from my night stand.

As I was making my way down the staircase I could hear Mo talking to someone at the door. Being the curious person I am I walked towards the door and standing there was a man outside who looked like a greek god who fell from the sky. I was a bit surprised when he leaned in and kissed Mo's lips.

That shut her up.

I smirked at the two love birds. That must be Ethan she was telling me about last night. Hmm. Mo has a lot of explaining to do I thought while I went to the kitchen to find grandma. There she was. Sitting in her chair while sipping her coffee while staring out towards the ocean. I slowly tip-toed over to where she was.

"Good morning grandma." I whispered into her ear. She started laughing and kissed my cheek.

"Good morning Nei. I hope you slept well." She said while smiling and drinking her coffee. She probably knows I snuck into her room last night I said to myself in my head.

"I sure did grandma. I hope you did too." Hopefully she doesn't ask me about last night. Don't get me wrong, grandma is the kindest person in the world but once she meets someone who is showing interest with her Mo and I let's just say she gets down to the facts when she meets them in person. I didn't want that happening. Or yet anyway. I just hope Kai can endure the interrogation when the time does comes.

"You're finally awake! How was last night with Kai? Did you guys have fun? Tell me everything that happened!" Moana basically shouted even the neighbors down the street could hear.

Great job Mo. Just great. I gave her the stink eye and began to feel the sweat drip down my face as I turned to look at grandma.

"Uh-oh. Nei I'm so sorry I forgot that grandma was in here oh I hope you forgive me Nei I promise everything will be ok." She said while rambling on and on.

Grandma moved quick for a old lady at fifty two with knee problems. She was infront of me within five seconds.
Oh great, I thought. She's going to pester me about him and ask if we've had sex and oh boy.

"Neilani Sola Lehele, who's this man that you went on a date with? And how come you didn't tell me sooner?" Grandma sternly asked while looking at me with her bright brown eyes that dad had.

I looked down at the floor while twirling my thumbs. "His name is Kai and we met him at Hal's remember?" I said to her.