Chapter One

Your mom is your care-giver, she is the one who brought you into the world.
~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~

  "Neilani, Moana! Get down here right this instant!" Janaya yelled at her daughters who were upstairs too busy giggling and laughing about the cute looking guy on their favorite tv show.

The two sisters looked at each other curious as to why their mother wanted to speak to them. "We'll be right down mom!" Neilani said as she and Moana tumbled out of her room and descended down the stairs.

As they entered the kitchen they saw that their mom was sitting at the kitchen table with what looked like plane tickets.

Moana thought to herself "I wonder what's going on. We've done nothing wrong.. we just graduated from UCLA and neither one of us does drugs.." "Moana!" her mom said as she was trying to gain her attention. Moana snapped out of it and quietly listened to what her mother was trying to say.

Neilani gave her sister a suspicious look but focused towards their mom. "I've called you down here because..."

The girls began to suddenly feel sweat come down their face as they sat with curiosity as to what she was going to tell the girls. "that you girls are.." she continued. "Are going to stay with your grandmother in Oahu, Hawaii for the summer and.." She said.

The two sisters pushed their chairs that they were once sitting in out and began screaming and jumping up in complete happiness and giddy. "Girls!" Their mother yelled and soon the room fell silent.

"I was also going to say that since my outstanding and hard working daughters have just graduated from college I wanted to congratulate you both for completing an important part of your lives and wanted to give you this gift because I love my girls so much.. and.." Janaya said as tears began to escape from her eyes.

Neilani and Moana ran towards their mother who has raised them all their life after their father died serving in Irac and left their mother to raise them on her own.

"Oh mom! We love you so much and just want to let you know that we're very thankful to have such a great and caring mom like you.. and all we want to do is make our momma proud." Neilani chirped up as she gave her mom a love-filled hug.

"Yeah mom, thank you so much for being our number one supporter and I don't know what or where we'd be without you.. I love you mom." Moana added as she gave her mother and sister a strong hug.

They spent the rest of the day reminiscing about when the girls were little and cried talking about memories of their father. Soon enough, the sun began to set and the moon and the stars lit the midnight sky.

"Mom is finally asleep." Moana said as she entered the living room where Neilani layed on the maroon leathered coach.

"That's good. She needs to rest after what we've been doing all day." Neilani said as she rose from the coach.

"I can't believe we're going to stay with grandma Lay in Hawaii this summer! I'm so excited." Neilani said as she smiled.

"I know! Me too. I can't wait.." Moana said hesitantly while she looked down onto the waxy clean wooden floor.

"What's wrong? Aren't you happy that we're going to go visit grandma after all these years?" Neilani asked as she looked at her sister with sadness in her eyes.

"I am.." Moana began to say "it's just that.. I don't want to leave mom all by herself." She looked up to Neilani and held a sad look on her face.

"Don't worry about that Mo. I already got that all figured out" Neilani said with much enthusiasum.

"Oh really Nei? And what is that?" Mo asked as Nei slid something from her back pocket of her jeans and gave it to her.

Moana looked at it and saw that it was a round-trip ticket to Bora Bora. "You didn't.." Moana said as she looked at Neilani with so much happiness.

"Yup, I did. And it's just a "small thank you gift" from her oh-so beautiful daughters who love and care for her."

Neilani said as she grabbed the ticket from Moana and put it on the stainless steel counter where she wrote a note attached to the ticket.

"We love you mom, you deserve the best! See you soon! Love, Mo and Nei."

She then smiled and turned to her Moana and they both ran to their rooms and began to pack for their trip to Hawaii which was in less than 6 hours from now.

"Goodnight Mo!" Neilani yelled down the hall from Moana's room.

"Goodnight Nei! See ya in the morning!" Moana yelled back to her sister.

"This summer is going to be so much fun." Moana thought as she drifted to sleep.