Chapter 22

Lauren was sitting in the chemistry class with Harry, Santiago and Holland, talking about Sunday night's evening. Mostly about Hunter's visit.

She told them everything into details and both girls made sure to keep an eye on Lauren, and maybe Camila too.

"So when will you talk to him?"

"Today during practice probably. Jake will be there, DJ and Mani too. I'll be okay."

"Well, if you need anything call me?"

"Miss Roden, Miss Jauregui, please turn your attention back to your own books, I'm sure Santiago and Harry are interesting, but please concentrate on what we're doing. This will be in your next exam."

"Sorry Miss." Both Lauren and Holland apologized and tried to pay attention

It didn't take long before the class was over and Holland was walking with Lauren towards the locker rooms.

"Are you staying over for the practice?"

"Yeah, Mila is helping me with Spanish homework, if I don't do it till Friday he said I won't be able to graduate and I would very much like to graduate and go to Italy as soon as I can."

"Can you like not talk about Italy?"

"Hey, you're going to New York, that ain't bad either."

"I- I'm not going to New York."

"I thought you already got into NYU?"

"Yeah..." Lauren nods "And Colombia too, but I don't think I'll go to either."

"Why not?"

"Yale wants to give me full scholarship for soccer."

"Oh wow, does Camila know?"

"No, I found out about it on Saturday because the letter came while we were on a road trip and yeah..."

"You know she didn't apply for Yale, right?"

"Yeah, just UCLA and NYU, but it still isn't late for her to send in, if she wants to."

"Do you think she wants to go to Yale? Lauren, UCLA was her first choice, she only put NYU for you."

"I know, I know, but I got the full scholarship, and their team is not so bad."

"Didn't she get a scholarship for UCLA?"

"Not full. "

"Well, whatever, talk to her about it, okay? Your coach is going to kill both of us if you're late for the practice, I'd rather not fail my PE class. I'll see you later?"

"Oh, are we driving you home or?"

"Yeah, Camila's mom invited me for dinner."

"Oh."

"Lighten up Lo, I didn't see the woman in weeks, I'm sure you can join too?"

"No, no, it's okay, I have to go, see ya later babe." Lauren said before hugging the ginger girl and running away into the locker room

Holland let out a sigh and walked over to the bleachers where Camila was sitting, reading some book in Spanish that Holland couldn't even pronounce.

"I thought Italian and Spanish are supposed to alike." She said once she sat down next to Camila

"They kind of are, the same group of languages. French and Portuguese too I think."

"The only French I know is a French kiss."

"Yeah I thought so." Camila laughs

"Are you mocking me Cabello?"

"Not at all Roden. In fact, I bet you're actually a great kisser."