Chapter 6

The next day, the leaders of Middle Earth gathered together for a meeting. Meldiriel was on her horse, looking down at the meeting from a distance. She saw everything that was going on. She saw the hobbit stand up and put the ring in front of everyone on a stand. Gimli of Erebor was their, along with Boromir the stewards son of Gondor. Aragorn, the rightful king of Gondor also stood before the ring. Even Elrond himself put himself before it. But, there was one person that caught Meldiriel's attention. He was a strong and sturdy elf. He had blonde hair and was wearing a cloak. His eyes were blue. Meldiriel was taken by this elf, he was something that she had never seen before. She found the elf attractive.

She quickly snapped out of it, when Gimli swung his axe to the ring, trying to destroy it. But the only thing that was destroyed was the axe. Then, Boromir started running his mouth and after him, the elf. He stood up from his chair and raised his voice saying, "Have you heard nothing of what Lord Elrond just said. The ring must be destroyed."

After that, the dwarf stood up, making a big discussion between all of them. They all were disagreeing with one another. The only ones that held their peace was the hobbit and Lord Elrond. However, Meldiriel noticed something that was going on with the hobbit. He was looking at the ring with confusion.

"He now suffers the illness of the ring," Meldiriel mumbled to herself.

The hobbit stood up and volunteered (as tribute [jk]) to take the ring and destroy it in Mount Doom. Everyone was shocked. Then they began to volunteer their weapons to him. Eventually, three hobbits came running out and joined them. Lord Elrond declared them all to be the Fellowship of the Ring. Meldiriel was very interested in what was going on. They all were going to destroy the ring.

"Interesting," Meldiriel said.

***

Lord Elrond got a strange feeling that they were being watched. He started looking around, but he saw nothing up close, so he looked farther out. Just as he did that, he saw Meldiriel. He stared at her for a moment, eventually making Aragorn, Legolas, and Gandalf see her. She did not turn her horse or stay out of sight. She wanted them to notice her and she was not going to back down to these people of Middle Earth.

"That is the creature that Arwen told me about," Aragorn said.

"What do you mean?" Elrond asked.

"Arwen told me she encountered that thing when she was riding back with Frodo," Aragorn explained.

"What is it?" Legolas joined in the conversation.

"It is not of my knowledge. I have never seen that thing before, let alone heard of it." Elrond answered.

Meldiriel turned her horse and rode in the opposite direction of them. They watched her as she rode off away from their eyesight. Gandalf looked behind him to see what they were looking at. He saw her ride off and then Gandalf walked over to Elrond, Aragorn, and Lord Elrond.

"What was that?" Gandalf asked.

"We are not sure. I have never seen anything like that before." Elrond answered. "You all must be careful when you leave, I fear that that thing is following you."