seven

•Maya•
After Hayes and I had that moment back in the salon, which was all too soon interrupted by Jade, we made our way to the shop next door. 

The small piercing and tattoo store was dusty but well used. At there front counter there was a boy, maybe 21 or 22 years old.  His expression was shocked when the door bell rang as Jade opened it in front of me. I'm guessing not a lot of people come here.

"Can I help you?" the boy asked obviously checking Jade an I out.

Hayes cleared his throat, "Yea, my girlfriend wants a piercing," he said putting his arm around me.

After that left Hayes mouth the boy instantly stopped looking at me and turned all of his attention to Jade. She was blushing and I could tell that she thought he was hot.

He was pretty attractive but nothing compared to the blue eyed boy now holding my hand. "We are not dating," I whispered to him while lightly punching him. I made sure to keep our hands intertwined though, because the feeling was killing me with happiness.

"What type of piercing?" the boy from the counter finally asked.

"Septum please," I smiled walking over to a chair he had patted next to a small try with some tools, but not before showing my id with my age on it.

Nodding, the boy got to work telling me instructions and asking me some questions. After about twenty minutes, he breathed a "done" and handed me a mirror.

My smile grew as my eyes landed upon myself with the new gold flowery piercing underneath my nose. I looked great with it if I do say so myself. I glanced up to Jade and Hayes who looked amused and happy about my choice of piercing.

"You look," Jade began, "Not like you... but in a good way, like a new you but good," I laughed confused kind of getting what she was throwing.

"Yea I get it," I laughed while paying the boy and walking out the front door with my two runaway friends.

I got in the drivers seat and started the car, Jade beside me to help navigate on our unexpected but well prepared for road trip. Hayes was in the back, trying not to fall asleep but failed as he dosed off shortly.

His lips were slightly parted and his hair drooped onto his face. I starred through at his beauty for a few more seconds before shaking my head laughing at how childish I was being. What have I gotten him into? He may be in trouble or danger because of me and why? Just because I was being foolish and started to like this blue eyed boy.

The car was silent and the only thing audible was the sound of the tires on the bumpy pavement  roads. There weren't many cars around and right now we're just driving through desert highways.

We were only about an hour away from Phoenix Arizona, and so far the plan is working out perfectly. Jade and I had been creating our escape route to this situation and many others since we first stared living together. Phoenix was our prime location and our designated motel was already picked out.

One of my hands drifted towards my nose where my new jewelry addition was placed. I loved it on myself and I was very pleased with the outcome. Placing my hand down I noticed Jade was slowly being overcome by sleep.

Sighing I kept my eyes on the cracked road in front of me and continued on driving.

••
In Phoenix
HAYES•

I awoke with a hand on my shoulder and Maya's bright eyes gleaming at me. "We're in Phoenix and at the motel," she informed me turning around to get out of my car.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and climbed out of the back seat walking to the trunk. Jade and Maya stood grabbing their backpacks and other luggage items that we had filled back in California.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder helping them with carrying things into the room we'd be staying in. Surprised, I discovered that the room wasn't even gross, it had what looked like two bedrooms a bathroom and a small kitchenette.

"So Maya's sleeping with me in the bigger room and Hayes, you can have the other one," Jade nodded at me. Even though it hadn't been a very long time, me and Jade had become pretty good friends.

"Why can't Maya sleep with me?" I asked putting my arm over the small girl beside me raising my eye brows at Jade as she put some bags down in the kitchen.

"Are you Gus seriously fighting over who gets to sleep with me? I'm sleeping on the couch," Maya took my hand and placed it at my side sitting down on the large couch.

"Ok then it's settled," we all agreed.

******
A/n woah really short chapter but the next one will be really long and it will also have a lot of smut so get ready!

I apologize for not updating a girl in my school passed away and I've been really busy with Christmas shopping and trying to get my crush to like me.

The break just started so I hope you all have a great one!

Love ya💕🌸