four

•Hayes' POV•
I patiently waited for a response from this lady. I opened my mouth to speak but she cut me off.

"So you know who this?" the lady had so much hope in her eyes.

I nodded yes then said, "I know her as Maya thoughーMaya O'niell, not what you said," my head was throbbing in confusion. I just thought that Maya, or whatever her name is, was a hot uber driver who wanted to bang with me, not drag drama into my life.

Mrs. LaRonge was scribbling away on a piece of paper. "Why are you trying to find Maya?" I questioned my eyebrows furrowing together.

She glanced up from the papers; now sprawled all over the table. "Mayana is now 18, but when she was 16, she ran away from her adoptive parents, and they, as well as her real parents have been looking for her ever since. Unfortunately, records say that she changed her legal name, and took under another last name, which makes it extremely hard to find her," her answer was not what I was expecting.

I had only met Maya once, and she was my fücking uber driver, but I guess they are looking for any chance of finding her now.

"I have her phone number, if that wou-" she cut me off. "That would be of much help, could I possibly have it?" I nodded standing up and jogging to my room picking up my jeans from yesterday and pulling the small slip of paper out from the pocket.

Once I was back at the table, I handed it to her, but quickly memorized it putting it into my own phone. "thank you so much for all of your help, Mr. Grier, we will be in touch soon for other details," the lady smiled standing up and shaking my hand.

"It's no problem, really," I walked her to the door where she said a brisk goodbye then left.

As soon as the door was shut, I let out a huge breath. Why did Maya run away at such a young age? I was so confused and only parts of this we're making sense.

I grabbed my pound from my pocket calling the number that Maya have me, and prayed that it was actually her number as the other end picked up.

"Hello?" a female voice said.

"Is this Maya? Or should I say Mayana?" I questioned and heard a gasp from the other end.

"Who is this?" it was her. her voice was hushed but vicious.

"Hayes and I have a lot of questions for you, meet me at the Starbucks on Elway road as soon as possible." and with that I hung up took my keys and ran out to my car driving to our meeting destination.

a/n
I AM SO SORRY
I REALLY REALLY AM SO TERRIBLY SORRY THAT ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE THE LAST UPDATE AND IM SO SORRY THAT THIS IS INCREDIBLY SHORT BUT IM WORKING SO HERD ON SO MANY THINGS RIGHT NOW BUT I 100% PROMISE THAT THERE WILL BE WEEKLY UPDATES FROM NOW ON EITHER ON SUNDAY OR SATURDAYS.

I LOVE YOU GUYS AND YOU ARE THE BEST EVER FOR PUTING UP WITH MY SLOW UPDATING.

WARNING FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER:
there is a hurricane of drama and smut and hate and love and secrets and answers and questions and confessions coming in the next few chapters.

love you guys❤️

m