letter one; jojo

Dear Jojo,

Jojo Siwa. You may think you didn't do much to me, but it affected me and damaged me in ways you could never imagine.

First of all, you called me a slut one day. At first, I didn't take it personally because how could Jaycee Wilkins be a slut?

Later, I decided I was. I thought about how I could possibly be a slut. I remembered that I used to go through boyfriends like they weren't even real people.

I got over that phase eventually and I started to have more serious relationships. Even though the relationships were more serious than before, I still somehow went through boys like I was trying to find the right shirt in a store.

Which is kind of what I was doing. The world (the store) is full of boys (the shirts) and I was trying to find the right boy (shirt) that I had real feelings (liked it a lot) for.

See what I mean? It goes together. Too bad I didn't think of that before I was dead, I could've said 'I'm looking for the right shirt' when you called me a slut.

And I was a slut. And I'm sorry. When I was going through that phase, I slept with your current boyfriend. He probably didn't tell you that because it would mean that he slept with a dead girl.

I guess that's what I'm going to be to everyone now, right? Just that dead girl who killed herself.

Whoops, getting sidetracked.

Jojo, you called me a slut. Besides that, you called me other countless names that were not very meaningful, but I still ended up taking those names to heart. I knew that those names actually described me.

You probably just did it to hide what you actually are. Jojo, I know that you're weak, I know that you don't like what you wear, and I know that you don't like to bully people.

I know that you really don't want to be the so-called 'popular girl', since that would mean you're a bitch, right?

Yeah, it can mean that, but you automatically thought of the cliché version of a popular girl, not a popular girl who's kind to everyone.

Too bad we go to a cliché school, otherwise you could've been the person you wanted to be.

Your favorite person in Heaven (or maybe not, who knows how this works?),
     Jaycee Wilkins