Pancakes.

(A/N: I changed the last sentence in the chapter before this for reasons you will see soon...)  

~Itachi's POV~

Rubbing my eyes, I sit up and survey my surroundings, seeing Naruto is still asleep next to me. I smile down at him. Naruto...such a cute and caring person, I wonder how he handles things with the bullying. I'm really pissed that my own brother would do such a thing; to anyone. Not the time to be thinking about this...

I chuckle a little to myself, seeing Naruto wrinkle his nose while sleeping. I lean down to kiss his cheek, but stop right above it. What was I about to do? Control yourself Itachi! I quickly sit up again and slowly get off the bed, trying not to woke the sleeping angel next to me. Angel? I need to stop...

I go to the kitchen and look through the pantry, pancakes or waffles? Pancakes. Might as well make Naruto breakfast. It didn't take to long to make the pancakes. I decided a glass of orange juice couldn't hurt and I grabbed syrup before heading back to the bedroom. 

I quietly opened the door to see Naruto still sleeping, thankfully.  I set the orange juice, syrup and plate of food on the night stand near Naruto and turned towards the bed. I lean over Naruto and poke his face, "Naru, time to get up~" He groans and turns a little. "I made pancakes" and with that he shot up, bonking our heads together. Ouch. "S-sorry..." he mumbles. 

"It's fine" I say while rubbing my forehead. I grab the plate and put it on Naruto's lap. "Thanks I-Ita..." I smile at him, "Anytime." 

======== 

~Naruto's POV~ 

I finish eating and look at Itachi...no one has ever made breakfast for me. I smile a little to myself. "They w-were good" I tell him and he thanks me. I should be the one thanking him, he's treating me so kindly. I look at the clock, it's 7:00 AM. School's starting right about now. If we start getting ready, we'll be nearly an hour late. Not to bad, "Can we g-go to school t-today?" I ask. 

"...after what happened, you really want to?" he asks un-sure with a hint of...worry? "Yeah" "Okay" with that we start getting ready. About 40 minutes later, we're heading out the door. We walk in silence for a bit. The school gates can be seen from here, "You really sure?" Itachi asks me, I smile lightly at him "Yes Ita." He nods and we continue walking. 

Thankfully as we got to the gates they weren't closed...a bit weird though. I shrug and we enter the building. "Meet on the roof for lunch?" Itachi suddenly asks. I look at him and blink, "S-sure" he smiles and heads to his class. As I'm walking to class, I notice that I'm getting more comfortable around Itachi and not stuttering like an idiot all the time. I walk into class and the teacher glares at me, along with half of the class. 

"And why are you late today Naruto?" I looked at the teacher then at the floor, "M-my h-husband wanted t-to st-stay home t-today b-" My teacher cut me off, "Using Itachi as an excuse, really? How low to do something like that." "B-but" I was silenced with a glare. "Go sit" and with that I sat in the back of the room, as always. Why are people so cruel? 

I miss Itachi already, I feel so un-safe. I tremble a bit. I feel eyes on me and look to see Sasuke glaring at me with a smirk. That's right, that's the smirk that keeps reminding me of how I really am. Weak, pathetic, disgusting, dumb, worthless...the list goes on. I feel depressed again and put my head down. Maybe coming to school today was a bad idea, I was happy, I was okay....but I'm being reminded that I'm not supposed to be. 

Is the day over yet? Because my happiness is.   

======== 

-ItaNaru- 

The bell rang throughout the school, meaning it was lunch time. Naruto quickly ran to the roof, seeing Itachi already there. Itachi had his lunch but Naruto didn't. Naruto walked to Itachi and sat down next to him. "Where's your lunch?" Itachi asked, Naruto shrugged. "Not really hungry" he lied. Itachi nodded, "Okay but you're eating when we get home." 

Naruto nodded and looked at Itachi's lunch. "Where's your drink, won't you get thirsty?" Itachi looked around and realized he had forgotten his water in his bag. Which was in the classroom he was last in. "Thanks for pointing that out Naru, I'll go get" Itachi smiled and got up. Naruto told him to hurry back. 'He'll be fine, right? Not like anyone else is around.'  Itachi thought as he opened the door and started down the stairs.