(0) Prologue

edited 3/19/17 (actually rewritten because i cringe but whatever)

A/N - Is this your first X Reader? I hope not. If so, here's a small key:

Y/N - Your Name ~ L/N - Last Name ~ F/C - Favorite Color ~ E/C - Eye Color ~ And multiple others that probably will be explained later on.

-ACTUAL PROLOGUE-

Drip.

Drop. (shhh not juvia i swaer)

For a moment, all I can hear is a soft pitter patter from the rain— but only for a moment. It only takes a few seconds for it to start pouring down in heavy buckets. I watch, disheartened as it soaks my tattered clothing; there's no shelter for me this time, as the hut I'd stayed in was destroyed in last week's hurricane. I stare out into the empty streets for a while: but not too long because as soon as my heart begins thumping I know what's to come.

I can see myself from another person's point of view now, some magical force that decided to let me look at my god awful state.

A boy walks out from some saloon-type building, with messy hair that couldn't be older than twenty. He shouts out to me, "Hey!" and starts to run.

And then I blink, ridding myself of what would always seem like a nightmare. Right cue, the same boy calls out.

He shouts the same "Hey!" and then picks up his pace. "Why don't you come in?" He smiles a toothy smile and offers a hand— which you gladly take.

The boy leads me inside what he calls a guild hall, and I soon figure out that he's a mage: from Fairy Tail, nonetheless. They each introduce themselves, and they're kind, too. (With the exception of a couple men staring at the places my clothes hadn't covered.) I'm given a change of clothes, and after a while, I start to feel as if the scenario in the rain had never happened. I introduce myself quickly, as (name) (surname), a lone mage. As the guild hall begins to empty out, I realize I still don't know the same of my 'savior'.

He grins at this. "Natsu Dragneel." he says, and shakes my hand. "Fire dragon slayer."

I begin grin as well. "Another a dragon slayer?"

Natsu lets out a short gasp at this. "You mean you are too?"

"Absolutely!"

His grin reaches his eyes, where I can see a spark of curiosity ignite. "Did you dragon disappear on July 7, X777, too?"

I'm about to answer with a hearty "Yeah!" when all warmth leaves my body. I can feel myself stiffen and fall to the ground-

There's a voice. "Sting!" it yells into the night.

And then another. "Rogue, she's here, I can tell!"

I can recognize these voices all too well.

August, X782. I'm sitting alone outside the sixth orphanage I've been to in my ten years of life. A boy begins to walk towards me.

"Nice to meet you, my name's Sting!" He offers me his hand, grinning.

I trip over my words as I introduce myself meekly. 

He invited me to play tag-  and we became friends. Shortly after, a boy named Rogue was introduced to our pair, and the three of us became a happy trio of friends. They knew my flaws and imperfections just as I knew theirs.

But after everything, I still had to run. Everything seemed too perfect and unrealistic. I needed to find my dragon: staying here wouldn't help. 

At about 2 am on a chilly November morning, I left. With a short, sweet goodbye note addressed to the both of them, I ran.

I held back a scream.

"(Name), are you alright?" a hand is offered to me by a girl named Lucy.

Three words were rushed through my head and one of them was Sting. Oh God, Sting.

Natsu tilts my chin up with two fingers and stares right through me. "(Name), you're crying-"

       And I can only think of one thing to say, the one clear thought that I could muster at the moment- 

"Sting."

A/N - aaahh it's been a while since i could write // this is present day (3/19/17) emily here, just checking up on everyone. how've you all been? lmao are any of my old readers even reading this

wc: 722

em xx