Chapter 37: sister, suspense, and skills (part 2)

"Woah now." Jason's voice voice from the front of the van. "Hey, girls." He turned around, looking at them with a grin. "Look who showed up."

"Bell." Octavia muttered, she wasn't able to get a look at his face, but she could feel him near. She knew he was there, in her heart.

"Now, let's see how much Bellamy Blake is willing to pay for his two beloved girls." Jason scoffed as he opened the door, getting out of the car.

"What if he hurts Bellamy?" Octavia whispered to Clarke, her voice shaking.

Clarke closed her eyes, she was a grid of the same thing.

Just then the trunk opened, with a loud pop. "Get out here."

Octavia grabbed Clarke hand, giving it a scared squeeze.

That moment was so terrifying, so absolutely horrifying, that it couldn't even be put into words. It was like having safety right within your touch, but it could so easily slip right away, and never return. It's something that no one could really understand until they're in that moment. It was like the climax of the movie, the part that decided if things ended happily, with you smiling at the end of the movie or if it ended with you in tears.

"Together." Clarke whispered to her, gently, as they crawled out of the disgusting trash of a trunk.

Right when they got out, there was Bellamy. He was only feet away from them. His eyes where filled with large amounts of worry and fear. In his hands was a brief case, inside was the money that he was using to get them back.

Jason's two goons grabbed onto Clarke's and Octavia's shoulders. Octavia's grip tightened on Clarke's hand as she realized they had both felt the same thing. A cold metal poking against their backs, a gun.

Jason briskly walked over to him, the two didn't even exchange a word. Jason only snatched the case from him and peered down it, looking at all the money. He set the case down, and nodded to his goons.

With the nod, it was excepted to make a change, but this was different. The grip on their shoulders tightened, the gun pressed harder into their backs. A loud cock of two guns echoed.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Bellamy's yelled to Jason.

Jason reached into the back of his Jeans and pulled out a gun, aiming it at Bellamy. "Erasing any possibility of being caught."

Bellamy looked over to Octavia and Clarke, catching a glimpse of the guns at their backs.

"No!" He growled, and tackled Jason, sending the gun rolling a few feet away from them.

Bellamy wrestled himself on top of Jason, pinning him to the ground and punching his face. The man that had a hold of Clarke quickly let go of her shoulder and pointed the gun towards Bellamy, no longer jamming it into her back.

Without even thinking of the consequences, Clarke immediately pushed the man's hands in another direction, causing him to miss fire the gun. That loud sound caught everyone's attention. It all happened so fast, Bellamy rolled off of Jason, grabbing the Jason's gun from the ground. Bang. He shot the man that had miss fried, the one right in back of Clarke, sending him to the ground, and his gun rolling under the car.

Octavia screamed as she watched the man fall to the ground, dead. The man with a hold of her immediately released her, panicked that the other had just been shot. He got down on his knees, next to the other man, checking his pulse.

Clarke looked over to Octavia. "Run. Go." She grabbed Octavia's hand, running over to Bellamy's truck. The two of them ran so fact, no one even noticed. Clarke quickly swung open the car door, "Get in."