Chapter 1

I watch as they scatter over the hills. Drunk people make me nervous. The music loud in my ear. I walk over to Jack, my older brother.

" Can we go home?" I yell. He just stands there. I'm getting frustrated. "Jack!" It was dark out. The only light came from the moon and the illuminating stars. Someone grabs my shoulder, I whip around only to meet, Josh. I sigh in relief. Josh had been my friend for as long as I could remember.

" Kayla. He's drunk, he can't hear you, and he wouldn't care. Need a ride home?" He offers.

" Yeah, thanks." We walk over to his truck and I hop in the passenger seat. I buckle my seat belt and pull out my phone. I had a text message from my parents. It read

" Be home by eleven."

Crap, it is eleven right now. There is still a thirty minuet drive home. I'll have to explain, that Jack wouldn't listen to me. I pull out my earbuds and listen to some classical music while laying down. I only put one earbud in just in case Josh or myself decide to talk.

" That party was, boring." I stated. Jack was about four years older than me. He was about twenty, I was about sixteen, So he could drink but me and Josh were under age.

" Yeah all it was, was a bunch of nineteen-twenty year old people drinking." Josh said annoyed. I stare through the window at the stars. I never thought to look at them, but I should more often they're pretty. It's like I fell into a daze because the next thing I knew we were at my house.

" Thanks again." I say before heading into the house where my overly protective parents are. When I open the door mom comes rushing toward me, and embraces me in a warm hug.

" Calm down mom. Jack wouldn't take me home so I just had to find a ride." I say as calmly as I could. I had a headache from the music being to loud at the party. Mom told me to get some sleep, just as over protective as she was she thinks that I should still get the exact same amount of sleep on a Friday night than every other day. I don't argue though because I was so tired. I take a shower and plop on the bed and slip into my covers.

I am woken by a huge crashing noise. I run down stairs only to see my brothers car crashed through our living room to our kitchen. Smoke fills the room and I can smell the flames. I run over to his car and open the passenger door. Jack is sprawled across the car. I pull him as hard as I could and managed to get him out of the house.

I run back in to grab three things my phone, laptop, and of course my parents! I run up the stairs and yell. " Mom! Dad! Get up there is a fire!" I dart into my room and grab those few things. Then dart into my parents room. I rip the covers off mom and dad.

" Get up!" I yell coughing. I couldn't breathe. They jump up and dart out. I start running out but the room started getting darker and darker. I make it to about the car before I completely stop breathing and black out. I'm soon met with an unfamiliar face. Handsome but covered in dark smudges. He picks me and my stuff up and runs. There is a shooting pain in my lungs. We just pass the car when there is an explosion and the impact meets his back and throws us a good fifteen feet. As we hit the ground my whole upper body is numbed with pain. Just as I hear the sirens I drift off into a deep sleep.

A/N: This pic is of Kayla.

How do you like the book so far?

Who do you think pulled Kayla out?

What do you think of Jack?

What do you think about Kayla?

Comment, Vote and Follow!