Blood is thicker than water

Requested by ObsidianOpal

Flashback
"Thomas what are you doing?" A six year old Alexandria asks. "I'm going hunting."Thomas,then 15, replied. "Can I come?"she asks beaming. "Ok,but stay close."he said. She smiled and pulled her black hair back then grabbed her safety orange vest. They went out to the woods behind Thomas' house to hunt. The hunt sent on for at least two hours. Thomas turned to let her take a shot when he saw s he wasn't behind him. "Alexandria!" He yells.
End flashback

Thomas was in the gym working out when a commotion went on outside. He stopped what he was doing and went to check it out. What he saw stopped him in his tracks. His cousin,Alexandria,was standing in front of him. "Alexandria?" he asks stepping forward. He might only be 31 but he remembers his cousin. She now has shorter hair, a lot shorter, but her steel blue eyes can still stop anyone in their tracks. "Hello cousin,and I go by Mantis." She replied gripping the strap of her .50 cal sniper rifle. "What happened to you? You were so sweet,now your not." Thomas said. "I was taken away from you. Did you even tried looking for me?" Mantis asked.
Flashback
"Merrick will you ever stop?maybe she doesn't want to be found or worse."Keegan said. "I'm not stopping till I find my little cousin." He replied. He never stopped till the federation got other plans.
End Flashback
"I never stopped looking for you, I left home to find you." Thomas said sadly. The 26 year old looked as t her cousin with a stone cold stare. "Should've tried harder."was all she said.

Its been four months since Alexandria showed up out of the blue and Thomas never let her out of his sight. "She iany gonna let us in is she?" Keegan asks. "She opened up a little to Logan,even though he doesn't talk much."Thomas replies. He wathes Mantis and Logan shoot. After a while he gets an idea. "You talk to her Keegan."Thomas says. "What?! She won't talk ty o me."Keegan replies. "You both are snipers so I don't see why she won't."Thomas replies calmly. "Fine,ok,I'll try to talk to her." Keegan replies. Thomas just went back to what he was doing.

Two weeks it took for Keegan to get Mantis to open up to him. They were practice shooting when she told him everything. "You need to talk to him." Keegan said. She looked at him with a blank stare and decides to do it. The following few days Alexandria told Thomas everything. He simply listened to her. "Are you gonna stay or disappear again?" He asks with sorry lacing his voice. She thinks for a couple minutes. "Yea,yea I'll stay."she replies with a slight smile.

=============================
ObsidianOpal I hope this is along the lines you wanted it to be.