chapter 7

Recap:
''Nicholas is presently in comatose. We had to perform what is called catheter Aspiration where a small bore needle may be inserted between the second and third ribs into the air that has filled in between the lung and chest cavity. This technique is used to release the air that entered into his lungs when he got hit.''
''Unfortunately, this operation was unsuccessful''

**********

''We are all gathered here in the celebration of life of our beloved son amd brother, Master Nicholas Kendrick Knight'' the priest gave a pause, then continued.
''Nicholas, our brother, son and friend isn't gone forever, he has only ascended to join his creator in a better place''
Hearing this made me look back at the opened casket, in it laid my twin dressed dapper in white. I burst into more tears, why?
Why?
Why?
Why did this have to happen to me?
I kept on thinking, racking my brain for where I could possibly have gone wrong .
I tuned the priest out as I got drowned in thoughts, thousands of them.
How am I meant to live in the house, alone?
It could have been anybody but not Nicholas.
Soon it was time to keep the casket in the ground and I couldnt stop the tears.
They kept on flowing.
If there is anything, anything at all that can bring him back, I'm willing to try. But sadly, there isn't.
I couldn't watch it, so I ran to the car, ''Nichole'' I looked towards where the sound was coming from and saw nothing.
I may be mistaken but the voice sounded a lot like Nicholas.
''Nichole'' I heard the voice again
I looked up and saw............Nicholas. Nicholas?
Slowly he turned into dad?

What the hell is happening?

''Nichole, Nichole, Nichole'' slowly Nicholas turned into, dad?

*********
''The operation was unsuccessful so we inserted a tube into his chest; the tube is attached to a suction device which will remove the air over a course of hours or even days, this is to prevent the lung from collapsing. If his lung collapses, then his condition may become life threatening.This is what we want to prevent from happening, so he will be undergoing tube treatment and he will be placed on life support until his lungs are healed, and until he is able to breathe on his own.'' as the doctor said this,I felt the little fire that had died in me become ignited, it may just have been a little spark but at that moment, sitting in the doctor's office with my parents, I actually had hope for my brother and I'll do anything, anything! it takes to bring him back.
Then the doctor continued speaking after his pause
''The other boy that was brought in with him is alright though, just a few burns and bruises. ''
That's when I remembered that Arthur was also brought to the hospital, then I started to feel bad. How can I forget that?
I wonder how Charlotte is holding up.I feel really bad, my mouth starts moving and before I know it I'm asking the doctor for Arthur's room number.

Ten minutes later, I'm knocking on the door of room 37A.
''It's open'' came a voice from the side of the door, a voice I can only identify as Charlotte's.
I walked into the room and was caught off guard at the sight I was met with, Arthur was laying on his bed and a little girl sat on his stomach, giggling and poking his chest. It felt really awkward,I felt like I was interrupting something.
The girl had golden brown hair, just like Arthur only that her's was brighter than Arthur's, her her was packed up in a high ponytail and she wore a white dress that was folded in other to make her sit comfortably and she had this set of bright blue-green eyes, it wasn't anything specific about her-just the fact that she reminded me of a day on the beach, sitting under the warm,bright sun shinning against bright blue skies and looking out to the sparkle blue-green ocean.

She looked angelic and her giggles brightened up the room. On a chair beside the bed sat a lady with sparkling blue eyes and dazzling blonde hair. Everything went silent when i fully entered the room even the little girl's giggles stopped.

Charlotte ran towards me and gave me a huge hug.

''I'm sooo sorry for not coming to visit Nicholas , i have been really busy you know''

'' yeah, i understand and I apologize for not coming to visit Arthur.''

''this is Brooklyn '' charlotte introduced while pointing at the cute little girl.

I turned to walk towards Arthur's bed when i spotted a blonde lady sitting on a chair beside the bed,how can i possibly miss her?

She looked stunning a playsuit and i bet that's her 'casual' wear .

''Honey,who is this?'' she directed the question to Arthur.

What do we have here?

^^^^^^^^^

I'm using this medium to wish y'all a Merry christmas and happy new year.
Hopefully, in the new year my updates will be more regular.
Thanks for the support.