Noticing

————————————————
Today was the big game. The last game of the season!

The star basketball player, y/c was on the team, you had to admit that you had a tiny crush so you avoided him as much possible.
A. Because you didn't want to make fool out of yourself. B. What's the point of crushing on him, if you were to shy to even speak words to him. You guys talked a couple times during class.

You'll never forget this memory though. It was last week you were reading, and your glasses were annoying you, so you took them off. Once you did, you felt a gaze on you, you looked up and saw his face staring you weirdly.
"What?" You ask. You feel your cheeks heat.
"S-sorry." He stutters something he usually never does since he always seemed confident in a way." Just that your eyes are really pretty, and I never noticed them."

You give a grin, but you feel obligated to say something so you just mumble the words thank you.

"You should come to the game this Friday." He says once more.

"Maybe." You say and keep looking at your book like if you're actually reading it.

He nods his head and looks back down at his assignment.

Every once in awhile you feel his gaze and all you do is turn redder and redder.

...

Now here are wearing contacts, thinking to yourself that he would actually notice you. You felt like a complete idiot. There was so many cheerleaders who were much prettier then you, why would he notice you. You kept repeating this in your head.

You sit down at the bleachers with your close group of friends. The boys come out and you see him. His eyes connect to yours and his eyes gleam with delight. He runs over to you." Hey y/n. I didn't think you'd come to the game."
"Well my friends were so..." You trail off. You couldn't even breath. Why would he care if you came or not?

"Cool." He says with smile." I'm glad you came."

You nod your head, you feel your cheeks turn red. You were so shy.

"Hey, maybe after the game we could go for pizza."

Your eyes go out of your head. He's really asking to go out with you for pizza?
"Yeah sure why not." You say to fast.

He just smiles at you." Okay, cool. See you later." He says walking off.

All of your friends look at you crazily.
"What?"

"Top dog just asked you out for pizza! He asked you on a date." Y/f says excitedly.

You all laugh with glee and it just you hit you.
Y/c asked you out on a date.