Chapter Two

Shrek's POV

It's been a long 5 years without Fiona.

I thought we were doing so well, the two of us. We had three kids and a great swamp and great friends. I guess the world is never perfect.

Fiona got very sick one day and just passed away in her sleep. I guess that's how she would have liked it, a soft, painless death.

*FLASHBACK*

--

"Shrek, I really don't feel well."

Fiona was laying in bed and had a very raspy voice. I invited Donkey so he could give Fiona company through her struggle while I watch the kids. Fiona called me in, which means that she isn't going to be well for a while.

"Shrek, I don't even know if I'll make it."

"Don't you dare say that, I promise you everything will be fine, we live in our own world. It's you and me, against the whole world. I know people think we're different, but that's okay. We have each other, and that's all that matters."

We both started to tear up. I know that everything I said was true. I love her so much, she means the world to me. I would go to that castle a thousand times to see that wonderful face I know.

"Well, it's getting late, we should sleep. Goodnight my beautiful Fiona."

"Goodnight, my handsome Shrek."

And then we drifted to sleep.

--

The next day I woke up and I saw the beautiful face I know. The problem was, she was cold.

"FIONA", I tried to see if her heart was still beating. It was dead silent.

Fiona was dead, and I could never hear her voice again.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

--

I shiver thinking of that feeling. My life is not perfect what so ever. I ignore my friends still, and I stay in my swamp all the time. I don't even eat onions anymore. I lost all hope.

I used to have it all. A beautiful wife that I loved the most, kids that actually stayed with me and not at an orphanage right now. No one would want them because no one wants an ogre baby. I lost all my friends because they just gave up on making me happy, yeah like I'll be happy again. Now I have nothing.

I don't even know what's keeping me alive though. Maybe I will find someone else that will end my darkness and give me life again.

Maybe some day.

--

SORRY THAT WAS SAD

-Anya