Chapter 8: Runaways

A/N: Hi guys! I’m back lol. I’m really sorry for the slow update. I’m so busy.

Anyways, my previous chapter was really short so I decided to make this chapter kinda longer.

:) I hope you like it. Vote/Comment/Fan. ❤

_________________________________________________________

I rushed to the crowded elevator, almost tripping with the heels I was wearing.

“I’m fucking late.” I mumbled causing the lady beside to glare at me.

“Sorry.” I muttered,

 The moment the elevator reached sixth floor, I sprinted across the hallway to Drew’s office.

I opened the door, luckily there was no one yet. The office was empty, meaning, Drew was probably still sick.

I let out a long exhale.

I heard shuffling from the back but I decided to ignore it.

“Hey.” A voice scintillated, causing me to jump lightly on my seat as I spotted a man standing in front of my table. My eyes widened as I looked up to check who the man was.

“Drew?”

“Uh hey.” He chuckled nervously, running his fingers through his perfect spiked hair.

“I thought you were sick? Are you okay now?” I asked, furrowing my eyebrows together.

“Yeah, I’m fine now.” Drew shrugged as he leaned himself against the table. “So, how was your weekend?” He asked, as curiosity satiated his voice.

“Uhhhhh…” I trailed off, grinning awkwardly.

Oh, my weekend? I followed Mr. Morgan yesterday, and I also found out that he has a partner in stealing your money. He was also waiting for some shipments, and he doesn’t want you to know about it.

I shook my head slightly.

“I….” I bit my bottom lip. “I was… I was just-“ I stuttered as I rummaged my brain for a lie.

“Just what?” He arched a brow.

“I just… stayed in my apartment.” I smiled nervously, pressing my lips into a thin line before I linked my fingers together.

That was the worst excuse ever.

“You should go out, you’re in LA. There are a lot of cool places here, I swear.” He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

How can he be so sexy and adorable at the same time?

“Really?” I crossed my arms against my chest. “Maybe I should go out some time.” I shrugged.

“I wish I have a friend I can go out with though.” I let out breath. I had a lot of friends back then but since I stopped going to school, it seemed like they all forgot me.

Drew stared at me with his lips slightly parted. “I can go with you.”

I gulped, my eyes blinked repeatedly, totally unperceptive. “Wh….What?”

“I can go with you.” He grinned. “You know, you just moved here like a month ago, I’m pretty sure you haven’t checked out the whole place. I can tour you here.”

“No, no. It’s… it’s fine.” I cleared my throat. “I don’t want to bother you. I know you’re always busy so yeah, don’t worry.” I smiled in assurance as I waved both of my hands from left to right, signaling for ‘no’.