Visiting a Rat

The three of them climbed the fire escape and entered through the window. Jerome and Chance sat on the couch playing games while they waited and soon the door opened to reveal Mr.Cicero. He still looked like the rat who handed Chance's ginger over to the police on a silver platter. Tabitha stood quietly behind him but he still seemed to sense her. "Who's there?" He asked and Jerome smirked holding Chance closer. "I know someone's there." The rat spoke again but this time Tabitha choked him with her whip and Jerome got up and began walking over with Chance close behind then leaned in and smiled. "Hiya pops...long time no see." Jerome said then began laughing making Chance giggle. Tabitha quickly tied up and gagged Cicero and once she was done Chance walked up and slapped him hard. "Now Chance play nice....for now anyway." Jerome chuckled as he pulled her over and kissed her. "Fine...but only because you said so." Chance said quietly with a fake pout making Jerome smile and kiss her more until her "pout" went away then he turned back to the rat who looked oh so scared. Jerome sat down on the chair in front of Mr.Rat and pulled Chance onto his lap. "So how ya doin?" Jerome asked only to be met with silence. "Hmm silent treatment, eh? Yeah...I'll tell you a story. Hmm..." Jerome said as he leaned his head against Chance's arm as he thought while she started playing with his hair. Then his head snapped up. "Oh!" He said excitedly as he snapped his fingers. "You remember Kansas City dad? The circus went through town every spring right around my birthday. There was this guy, he met my mom..." Jerome started as he moved Chance so he could get up and walk over to his "father". "they used to drink and fornicate and beat the crap outta me...they would make a whole night of it!" He said with clear anger bubbling up in his words. "And I remember one time, it was my 9th birthday, him and mom just finished round 1 of boozing, boning, and beating up Jerome and decided to take a little break." Jerome said as he played with a knife. Chance ran her fingers lightly up and down Jerome's arm. "Anyway! I was outside the trailer and you were there and you said 'why are you crying Jerome?" He picked up the knife and walked closer to rat. "Its my birthday and my mom and the snake guy are beating me." He said in a child like voice. "And you said 'this world doesn't care about you or anyone else Jerome, better to learn that now." Jerome said with a sinister smile on his face that made Chance smile and giggle because that was him. That was her Jerome and she loved every bit of him, the scars on his back, his crazy laughter, his crazy red hair, that sweet smile that could turn deadly at the drop of a hat. She loved him no matter what and if that made her crazy to society then so be it because she had him forever and always.
"And that was it." Jerome said pulling her out of her thoughts as he walked past and put his on the arms of the chair and leaned in close to Cicero. "See there's this guy dad he believes in me! And so does Chance....you remember Chance right?" He asked leaning in closer to Cicero. "She's gorgeous dad let me tell ya...hmm you can't even imagine." Jerome whispered loud enough for Chance and the Rat to hear making her smile then Jerome pulled back a little. "They think I'm going to be a star! And tonight all of Gotham will see that too....except for you because you'll be ya know...dead." He chuckled. "Jerome..." The Rat started only to be cut off by Jerome. "Is this the part where you say how sorry you are? Hmm? How you should have believed in me and how it's not too late to start again? NEWSFLASH dad it's too late!" Jerome said angrily. "You don't need to do this." Rat said his voice quivering from fear or sadness....maybe both because he knew bargaining with Jerome was useless. "No..." Jerome started as he got closer to him. "I'm pretty sure I do." He said glaring at Rat. "I was a bad father but I did love you to kill me for that..." Rat started causing Chance to scoff and Jerome to laugh. "Oh! That's not why I'm gonna kill you..." Jerome said as he walked away to grab blueprints off the table. "Plans to Arkham Asylum," he said then threw the blueprints and picked up envelopes and hit the Rat in the head with them. "Letters between you and your troubled son innocent at first glance but Detective Gordon...you remember him right? He will feel little bumps." Jerome said rubbing the letters against Rat's face. "a secret message written in brail between you and your son discussing my escape!" He continued throwing the letters then walking back to the table and holding up a can. "Finally! The knock out gas used to disable the orderlies! 'Cause ya see dad this guy I was tellin you about he's the one who broke me outta Arkham...he doesn't want anyone to know about that, obviously, so the police will find these letters and think 'The blind old fool really loved his son what a wonderful father. Oh!' There won't be a dry eye in the house!" Jerome said pretending to wipe his eyes. "They'll never believe it!" Rat said causing Jerome and Chance to scoff. "Sure they will..." Chance started and look at Jerome. "Cops are dumb." He finished with a smile. "There's nothing to eat in this dump. Finish up and let's go." Tabitha said as she looked through the fridge. "Sorry you're gonna miss my...well our big night dad." Jerome said getting up and throwing his chair aside. "But you're psychic so tell me...do we kill?" Jerome asked laughing and pulling Chance close. "You will be a curse upon Gotham! Children will wake from sleep screaming at the thought of you! Your legacy will be death and madness." Rat said causing Jerome to smile a lot and pull Chance close and kiss her cheek then turn his attention back to Rat. "HA! HA! HA! Welp! Say hi to mom for me!" Jerome said as he went to stab Cicero but stopped when there was a knock on the door. "GCPD!" Gordon yelled causing Jerome to quickly cover Rat's mouth then smile as he put his finger to his lips.
"Shhhhh..."

A/n:
Holy fudgey nuggets that was long and the longest chapter I've written. This chapter took me two...yes TWO entire study halls to finish but it was worth it hope you guys enjoy and hopefully this will hold ya over until Monday. 😊😊😊
-Lee 😋😋😋😋😋