Chapter 12

They slow to a stop at 44th once they're out of sight of the library.

"So I was thinking," Stiles starts, stepping back into Derek's space, only to get cut off by another kiss, shorter this time.

"You should go home and shower."

"I--what?"

"I'm a werewolf, Stiles," he says, rolling his eyes again and acting as if they're not right out in public in the middle of a muggle street in New York. "It's driving me crazy not being able to smell you right now." He inhales sharply and frowns.

Stiles squints at him, tilting his head. "Are you sure I don't have Veela powers? One of the muggle Pages was all over me a few days ago. I think I--eep!"

Derek kisses him again, fiercely this time, and fast, before pulling a sharpie out of his back pocket and grabbing Stiles' arm, scrawling a number on it. "Shower, then call me," he says, pinning Stiles in place with a slow once-over.

He surprises Derek and himself with a sudden laugh. "You- were you carrying that around all morning, too? Planned this pretty carefully, huh?"

Cheeks suddenly pink, Derek looks upwards briefly and then shrugs, helpless. "I just-- will you call me? I want to do this properly."

The smile that spreads across Stiles' face is sweet and suddenly he's in no hurry to push. "Yeah, I can do that. Do you-- dinner? I mean I can cook dinner. Sort of. From a box. If--"

Derek kisses him again, quickly, and Stiles can see that's probably going to become a habit. "Dinner sounds great."