Chapter 12 - The Fake Lives of Celebrities

Patrick snuggled against the warm body in his arms. He tucked his head into the crook between Kylie's neck and shoulder and inhaled her intoxicating jasmine scent. Smiling to himself, he thought that having her in his arms was such a lovely dream he hoped that he never woke. Settling into the cozy mattress, he slowly drifted back to sleep, unaware that his "dream" was actually reality.

Several hours later, the door of his room was flung open, and the shouting of a dark-haired heartthrob woke Patrick from his much needed rest.

"David, what the hell are you doing in my house?" Patrick growled loudly.

David froze momentarily, a goofy grin on his face. Patrick looked at David in consternation before slowly realizing that he was wrapped around another body. He smirked when he glanced toward his legs, which were currently entwined with Kylie's. Her head rested on his chest. He chuckled when he realized that she wasn't going to wake to the loud noise and sudden movement.

"Why are you here, Dave?" Paddy grumbled.

David's face became immediately serious, and he lifted a gossip magazine into the air.

"That bitch!" David yelled. "I know she's behind this." He threw the gossip rag onto Patrick's lap. Patrick tried to shift gently on the bed, but he finally had to separate himself from Kylie. He grimaced at the lack of contact when he settled her next to him on the bed. The woman could sleep through a hurricane.

Lifting the magazine, Patrick's gaze was instantly focused on the front page photo. It was taken the night before when he and Valerie were walking to his apartment building. He was gazing at her as she lifted her hand behind his neck. The two looked as if they were about to kiss, and Valerie looked legitimately in love.

"Something you want to tell me, mate?' David questioned, his voice solemn.

"Dave, you know these guys will take a picture and make their own story," Patrick protested. He paused for a moment, his brows scrunched together in concentration. "I remember this!" he said excitedly. "We were walking from the car to the building, and Valerie asked me about the delivery of one of her lines. I don't remember what all she said," he admitted. "I was too focused on Kylie being out with Trent."

David nodded in understanding. He gestured to the headline, which read Secret Romance on the Blood Feud Set? Friend of the couple confirms lead actors in serious relationship.

"What are you going to do?" David questioned, his eyes darting between Patrick and Kylie.

"What do you mean? I'm going to ignore it. It will go away when the story doesn't gain steam."

David looked at Patrick like he'd lost his mind.

"Paddy, do you really think after all this time of you living in this apartment building without being discovered, the paparazzi just happened to find you?" He shook his head in disbelief. "You KNOW that Valerie is probably behind this," he grumbled.

Patrick's brows knit together once more as his brain struggled to wake completely. He needed all of his mental faculties to handle this situation. David was right. Valerie was probably at fault, but he had no proof.

"Paddy, hundred bucks says she claims it's true. What will Kylie think of that?"

His heart skipped a beat when he thought of the damage such a public claim would cause on his potential relationship with Kylie.

"Then I guess I've got to cut this off at the pass," Patrick growled, climbing from the bed and throwing on a pair of jeans. He marched from the room, David close behind, as Patrick planned his next move.