Chapter 10 - A Failed Seduction

Patrick couldn't focus. All he could think about was Kylie being on a date with that asshole, Trent. If he'd had the slightest clue where they might have gone, he'd have ditched Valerie and been searching for them. His heart clenched at the thought of Kylie experiencing the same fate as Aimee.

A low growl emanated from his chest, and Valerie smirked in response. She obviously thought he was getting into their rehearsal, but the truth was, Patrick was missing lines because he was thinking of Kylie, not Valerie.

"Do you want to take a break?" Valerie purred. She placed her hand on his thigh and gently trailed it to inappropriate heights.

Grabbing her wrist before she could make contact with his crotch, Patrick's eyes widened. Even though he knew her desire to run lines was really a ploy to spend time alone with him, Patrick felt a little guilty that he'd been so distant. He'd been butchering his lines, and he knew his tone was monotonous. She had to be getting frustrated with that, at the very least.

"Are you sure, Valerie? I'm sorry I'm screwing up the scene. My mind is just elsewhere tonight."

A spark of jealousy flashed in her dark brown orbs. Whether she wanted to admit it or not, she knew his focus wasn't on her, but Valerie Michaels did not give up when she had her heart set on something. And Valerie's heart was set on a relationship with the main heartthrob of Blood Feud.

"Maybe you should have a glass of wine to relax you a little," she suggested, he voice smooth and seductive.

Patrick couldn't help but like the idea. He was tense and anxious, with visions of worst case scenarios playing in his mind. A drink would definitely help him to ignore the worried tightening in his chest.

"A drink sounds great," he replied. "Red or white?" He stood and hurried across the room for the kitchen.

"Red sounds lovely," Valerie called after his retreating form. While he was retrieving their drinks, she scanned her outfit. She'd tried to dress provocatively, but Patrick didn't even seem to notice. If she didn't already know he was absolutely straight, she'd think he was gay. She'd never had trouble catching the eye of any man before this. She quickly unbuttoned two more buttons of her ivory silk blouse. Looking at her short skirt, she decided it couldn't hurt for it to be even shorter. Reaching for the hem, she tugged it higher, so that her upper thigh was exposed. If she moved her legs just right, she could flash Patrick with her skimpy black thong. No man could resist an open invitation like that.

Looking around the room, Valerie decided she needed to do more to help the ambiance. She reached for the lamp next to the couch and dimmed the lights. Noticing Patrick's remote on the counter, she picked it up, intending to locate a satellite music station that played something alluring. Unfortunately, the moment she pressed the power button, the loud noise of some redneck television show blasted throughout the room. Her jaw dropped in surprise as Patrick practically ran into the room.

His eyes scanned frantically, hoping his ears hadn't deceived him. He knew the show currently sounding through his apartment was a guilty pleasure of Kylie's, but she was nowhere to be seen. He hardly spared a glance at Valerie as he hurried to the bedroom. Looking around, he sighed in defeat, realizing that Kylie was not yet home from her date with the devil. Patrick sank onto the bed and buried his head in his hands.

"Surely it can't be that bad?" a sultry voice cooed.

He raised his head and warily locked eyes with an approaching Valerie. He knew the familiar glint in her eye was trouble. If he'd been any other man, he'd probably have felt flattered at her continuous advances. She was a beautiful woman. He couldn't deny that. Currently, her dark hair cascaded in waves down her back. Her blouse was open to a level that was almost criminal, her cleavage teasing the eyes of any onlooker. Her short skirt showed off legs that were the envy of women around the world. And her plump lips just begged to be kissed. But Patrick could not feel less affected by her.