Chapter 8 - Backstage Tour

Kylie smiled in her sleep and snuggled into the warm, cozy bed. It smelled like Patrick, a combination of mint and citrus that Kylie had noticed when he'd had his arm around her the night before. She sighed happily and rested her head against her warm pillow. It was firm... And had a heartbeat.

Momentarily confused, Kylie opened her eyes, allowing the blurred sight before her to focus. She noticed the dark sky before she realized that it was moving. Well, she was moving. Kylie jerked suddenly, and almost fell to the ground. Patrick cursed and stumbled, but gained his balance in time to prevent contact with the asphalt in front of them.

"What the hell?!" Kylie exclaimed. Kylie took a moment to look at her surroundings. "Where are we?" she demanded.

Patrick paused in front of a small camping trailer and set Kylie on her feet. Only then did she realize that she was still dressed in her tiny pajamas. She blushed and looked at Patrick in consternation. "Well?"

Patrick chuckled. "You don't remember anything from this morning, do you?"

"If I remembered, I wouldn't be asking," Kylie sniped.

"Okay, so you aren't a morning person," Patrick teased, his gray-blue eyes twinkling in amusement. The sight made Kylie shiver. Patrick took out a key and turned it in the lock on the trailer door. "Let's head inside and I'll fill you in." He winked at Kylie and stepped into the trailer, her pink duffle bag over his shoulder. She stood staring after him in the early morning light and decided to follow, if only to avoid the stares of the few people she saw outside.

Stepping into the trailer, Kylie reached behind her to close the door. When she turned around, her eyes widened.

"What is this place?" she whispered in awe. While it looked like a normal trailer, there were assorted snacks and drinks on the kitchen counter, and a flat screen television on one wall. The couch actually looked pretty cozy, too.

"This is my trailer," Patrick grinned. "We're filming on the sound stage today, but since I had to get an early start, and you wouldn't wake up," he chuckled, "I figured you could get ready in here." He pointed toward the back of the trailer. "The bed in the back is really comfortable, and the bathroom has a shower. I made sure to grab your toiletry bag and enough clothes for you to make an outfit."

"You went through my stuff???" Kylie shrieked.

Patrick blushed, but the grin never left his face. "You needed something to wear," he defended. "I've got to head to the make-up trailer," he told her. Smirking as he exited the trailer, he called back, "I loved the underwear selection. Never thought you'd be a red lace girl!"

Kylie cheeks flamed as she pictured Patrick digging through her luggage. She walked to the back of the trailer and looked longingly at the bed. She'd been up late arguing with Alec, and then with Johnny coming home so late, she'd probably had a total of three to four hours sleep. Since Patrick went through the trouble of bringing all her stuff, she might as well take advantage of his generosity, right? It took little convincing for Kylie to climb under the soft white covers. She sank into the plush pillows, and within minutes, she was once again dead to the world.

An hour later, Kylie was woken by a husky chuckle in her ear.

"You really are a heavy sleeper, aren't you?" Patrick laughed.

Stretching her arms, Kylie opened her eyes and yawned. "It's a comfy bed," she murmured. "Is it time for me to get ready?"

"Yeah, if you want to watch filming this morning, it is," he replied, a smirk playing on his lips. "I'll be on the couch running lines." He headed out of the bedroom toward the other end of the trailer. Kylie realized that she was grinning stupidly after him. She climbed out of the bed and headed into the tiny bathroom to get ready. When she finally came out of the bathroom, Patrick was still seated on the couch, gazing intensely at the page before him.