Chapter 39 [The Beginning and The End]

Start from the beginning

But I could not keep my eyes closed for long for I would go searching for Aiden, I cannot stop myself. He looked almost human. And in state of serene sleep he looked even more so - he was relaxed. There was no sarcastic sneer coloring his lips.

"What are you looking at?" he shot suddenly, his lids opening slowly. Aiden rubbed them with his knuckles before looking at me again.

"Nothing." I shot quickly looking anywhere but him.

"Cant keep your eyes off me cant you?" he went on. "You've been looking at me all night, when you think that I'm not looking." He was on a roll, adding to my humiliation.

Jerk!

"I did not!" I demanded as my gut shifted. How did he notice that I had been looking at him? And here I thought that Prince Aiden was so full of himself - he would never notice anything else but him.

He thought that the world revolves around him, everything was about him - well at least he thought so. And unfortunately he was right on every account. He was the centre of the universe. I am married to the Crown Prince of Claymore and he is the biggest jerk on the planet...

And how did I get myself in this mess you ask?

An invitation from Alex for a yacht party in honor of his engagement to Victoria arrived this morning. Mary Sue and Josh are going to be there as well and I have not met them for so long. It was annoying how Josh kept shipping Mary for their annual honeymoon, keeping my best friend out of my reach. I wanted to go but Prince Tyranny here would not hear it. Like the other day when I wanted to go to Loraine’s baby shower, he did not let me go as well. Granted that Loraine lives in another country now but she is one of my best friends! I had let that one slide but not this time.

I wanted to Alex’s yacht party and that had sparked this argument we were having. It was ridiculous. He was being ridiculous.

“Aide…” I scooted over from my seat to sit next to him. Aiden flinched at my touch but I made a quick grab of his hands. I was determined to get myself on that yacht and have a good time with my friends and Aiden was coming with me.

“No.” he snapped. “We can’t go and that’s final.”

“Why not?” I whined. I let go of his hands and move on to execute plan B. all night he had been avoiding me. After that close up with the press, Aiden had stayed clear of me whenever he can. My palm landed on his thigh and under my caressing palm I felt Aiden shudder. 

“Why do you have to be a big bully all the time Storme?” Aiden grabbed my hands before I manage to drift down lower.

“You know why we can’t go.” He persuaded. “The party is on a yacht sweetheart.”

“I won’t wear heels, I swear.” I raised my hand and placed it above my pumping heart. “Baby I promise… please? Now can I go?” I pouted my lips and bat my eyes prettily. Finally Aiden sighed and I clapped my hands to celebrate my victory.  

“No high heels, promise?” he repeated the agreement and I bobbed my head up and down.

“Cross my heart and hope to die.” I cited the age old chant. Aiden narrowed his eyes in disapproval and jacked his brow showing displeasure.  “Oops, I mean, if I broke the promise… you can… ah, punish me anyway you like.” I bargained again and Aiden grinned.

“I’ll take your Manolos away.” He said and I began to shake my head frantically.  

“Not my Manolos.” Those shoes are my pride and joy. No one is touching them, not even my husband. “Not my shoes… or my clothes.”

“Then what can I take?” he grumbled to my amusement. I moved closer to him and snuggled to his warmth. A sly smile tugged the ends of my lips as I suggested,

“Hm… you can take my heart?”

“You’ve already taken mine too, love.” Aiden reached and circled an arm around me. “It has to be something else.”

“I’ll make you coffee for a whole week?” I tried to negotiate again and at this Aiden smiled and tipped my chin stealing a kiss to seal the pact.

“No heels.” He repeated the agreement and I grinned triumphantly.

“No heels.” I leaned into him and our lips met. Caressing his nape idly I stared into his blue eyes before leaning into his chest and closed my eyes contently.

“I love you Aiden.”

My husband wrapped his arms around me holding me secure and kissed me on top of my forehead. He must have been exhausted as well. With a whisper he replied,

“I love you too sweetheart.”   

There was a reason why Aiden was so reluctant to allow me to go to Alex’s party. No, he isn’t jealous of Alex anymore. He hasn’t for years now. Actually, he was worried. It is going to be a yacht party after all. He cannot have me walking in my precarious high heels.

Because I was two months pregnant.  

The End.

9.31pm, Malaysian time

27.07.2011

Zafariel Aii

**********

OMIGOSH!!!! 

this is the last chapter of My Roommate you guys! my first finished story ever, in the history of forever! im so excited and sooo sad *sniffle* i hoped that you guys had fun reading this because i have had so much fun writing it! after 1 year and 27 days, i've finally finished this!! 

thank you thank you thank you for reading this till end guys! thank you for the votes and comments! you guys are sooo awesome.... so to commemorate the last chapter, please leave me your comments!!! please please please, tell me what do you think of the whole story now it had ended. 

many thanks to, Twilighter14 and Aishah Bukhari who had been awesome enough to edit my stories and of course my fans who are amazing!! 

Ariel Aii