Chapter 39 [The Beginning and The End]

Start from the beginning

“Dominicane Suburban please, Mitchell.” Aiden replied.  

“You got it.”

Five years had come and gone since my first week in London and now I had come home. This time, for good. There had been some rough times in those five long years but thankfully we made through each ordeal and in the end, I kept coming back to him and him to me.

I had done what I had set out to do: after finishing my studies at St. Martins I interned at Gloria Dunn Designs and after that, with the House of Dior. I began my small affordable line of women wear in my own studio apartment. I have not yet managed to own a boutique yet but I wanted to open one soon in Claymore. Aiden had served in the military for two years as part of his duty to his country. He was discharged not more than a month ago. I sneakily eyed the chiseled line of his jaw and grinned having liked what I saw.

“So,” Aiden began and took my hands, “when are you gonna put on a white dress for me or do I have to haul you down the aisle?” I laughed out loud garnering a smile from the cab driver.

“What kind of proposal is that?” I teased while I watched Aiden took a sapphire diamond ring and slid it into my finger. It was my ring that I had left in his bedroom light years ago.

“You’re gonna say yes anyway so why bother with all the fanciness?”

“You’re unbelievable Storme.” I cupped his face and drew him for a lingering kiss.

“So, is it a yes or no?”

“Yes, jerk!” I giggled and we kissed again.

“So there’s going to be a wedding soon eh Prince Aiden?” Suddenly the driver cut in and both of us smiled.

“Yes Mitchell, spread the words.” Aiden declared.

“Finally!”

We had ourselves a spring wedding inside the St. Judas Abbey, located in the center of Outer City of Claymore. From there we headed to the White Castle for the reception. It was not a simple wedding, the word simplicity were thrown out of the window when you were going to marry the crown prince of the country. I was definitely feeling premarital jitters when I woke up that morning, so much so that I had to remind myself that I had actually wed Aiden before. But still anxiety pulsated within me, even more so when I finally arrived at the abbey. What if I stumbled walking up the aisle? What if I stuttered pronouncing my vows? What if nervousness prevails and I decided to flee?

Aiden would kill me if I were to do that.

But eventually, I did walk down that aisle and I did recite my vows, silently thanking God because I did not even stutter once. And with a kiss from Aiden at the altar, my worry melted away.

“You look magnificent.” He whispered following the kiss. Shortly after we were declared husband and wife. I was again, The Princess Fay Lara Storme, Duchess of Amaryllis.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

We had occasional fights since our vows just like other couples. Like the one we were having that night.

The Beginning…..

If Aiden was all smiles before, chatting away and pleasant - now in the stretch limo - the silence was palpable. He was resting his head on the seat, clearly exhausted. I was the same - who would thought that greeting honored guests, sipping champagne and making small talk all night would be so tiring?