Prologue

My name is Autumn Hale, Derek Hale is my older brother and also the only person in my family still alive. Once I heard that Derek had become an alpha by killing our uncle Peter I decided it was time to come home. I've been walking for what feels like hours, which it probably has been I was getting tired and I was getting bored. I had almost given up until I saw the sign it read "Welcome to Beacon Hills." I was excited to be home but also scared and nervous. What would my brother think? Would he even accept me? All these thoughts were going through my head and they weren't helping my nervousness. I was walking through the woods near our old house all the sights and smells reminded me of what it used to be like. I was nearing the house and then that's when the memory of the last time I was here surfaced.

Cora and I were in the woods near the house playing just having fun then Cora just stops and sniffs the air. I guess she smelled something she didn't like because next thing I know is she's just running back to house and when I try to follow her she turns around and tells me to stay where I was so I listen to her. I had been sitting there for I don't know how long so I decided to get up and go back to the house, but before I could I see Derek and Laura running to me.

"Derek what happened where's Cora?"

"Autumn she's gone."

"What do you mean gone, Derek what happened?" I kept repeating the same thing over and over again I just wanted to know what had happened to my sister, what had happened to my whole family but Derek wouldn't answer me.

"Autumn we need to leave. We need to leave now." This time it was Laura talking she didn't even explain why we had to leave before Derek had picked me up and started running with Laura right behind us.

"Derek put me down where's mom and dad, where's Cora I want to go home, I want to see them."

"There is no more home Autumn not anymore."

That's the last thing I remember Derek saying because after that I had passed out and when I woke up I was in the hospital with Derek and Laura there waiting for me to wake up, and when I did they told me our family had died in a fire that burnt down our house. After I was released from the hospital Derek, Laura, and I left town . I will never forget that day because it was the day my life changed forever. After that day I had promised to never come back, but then Laura came back and then after a while she lost contact with Derek and I so Derek decided to come back to find her. Then when Derek lost contact with me and I heard rumors of him becoming an alpha I decided it was time for me to come home.

So, that leads to me now in front of my old burned down house about to walk in and see my brother for the first time in months. After thinking about it and deciding that I couldn't turn back and run away again I walk up the steps of my old house and knock. I guess my brother wasn't expecting visitors because after I knocked I was grabbed and thrown on the floor.

"Autumn is that you?" he said surprised.

"Now Derek is that any way to treat your baby sister?" I said with the biggest smirk on my face. After I said that he backed up and then helped me up. When I was finally up off the ground I tackled him in probably the biggest hug ever.

"I missed you big bro."

"I missed you too little sis," he said while hugging me back. After what seemed like forever we finally pulled apart and I punched him in the arm.

"What was that for?" he said surprised but still smiling none the less.

"That was for being a jerk and not calling or texting me in months." His month formed an "o" shape after I said that.

"I'm sorry Autumn there's just been a lot going on and I completly forgot to call you so again I'm sorry."

"I accept your apology. Now what do you mean by a lot has been going on?" After I asked that question a sad look came over his face while and then he explained to me about everything that had happened while he was here. From Laura being dead and about how it was our uncle Peter that killed her to this beta named Scott that Peter had turned and his annoying friend some guy named Stiles.

"I mean I kind of guessed she was dead especially after hearing about you killing Peter and becoming an alpha, I just didn't want it to be true." I said while wiping my eyes so I wouldn't shed the forming tears in them.

"I'm sorry Autumn I should have called you when I found her." he said while coming to closer to hug me I guessed.

"No Derek it's fine I don't need a hug I can grieve another time, what I need right now is a pack and with you my brother being a newly turned alpha need pack also. So am I in your pack or not?"

I'll admit my brother did look shocked to hear that, but he still answered anyways.

"Of course your in my pack Autumn you're my sister, but I need more than one beta to form a pack you know that. Of course I knew that I just didn't expect him to be so willing to turn someone.

"Ok, so what are we going to do? Are you just going to turn some random teenager?"

He just looked at me and smirked, "Of course not because I have the perfect candidate." Little did I know that that one moment would be the beginning of something much more than just finding a pack.

A/N: Okay so here is the prologue to my story hope you like it and also please bare with me I'm really new at this and I really just wanted to put up something after not updating in like forever sorry if it sucks which it does so I am sorry. Also please tell me if there are any mistakes thank you.

Comment,

Vote,

and follow me on Wattpad.