O N E

Adison's  POV:

Running to the bus stop in pouring rain makes seeing anything nearly impossible. How convenient is it that my car had to stop working this morning, causing me to run to college. 

My fast moving feet collide with puddles, causing water to fly in every direction, including towards me which makes the bottom of my grey jeans wet.

Nikes are definetly not the shoes for this annoying mission. The fabric of them are as soaking wet as my sweatshirt, making me predict a very uncomfortable day.

All my classes are air-conditioned and to be as wet as I am at the moment is not something I'd call fun.

As I'm running through the foggy morning, cursing softly to myself at my situation, a jeep comes roaring behind me making me jump from the sudden sound that broke the silence.

It then stops next to me, and I make eye contact with a familiar face that I've seen in one of my classes before. I believe his name is Shawn and he is very handsome and quiet. Making him less annoying than everyone else there. Half the time, the men that  I have to deal with, are loud and self obsessed, which makes having a good day at classes very difficult.

He rolls down his window giving me a concerned look, seeing that I'm covered in water, and probably looking like I got smacked in the face with death.

"Do you need a ride?" He gives me a small smile, blushing because he most likely doesn't talk to many girls and I know for a fact, hasn't invited one in his car.

My stomach gets twisted into some overwhelming knot at the sweet gesture he showed me.

"Yeah sure," I yell so I'm louder than the crying sky, shoving my hands in my pockets as I jog to the passenger side of his car huffing as i open the door and take a seat.

Him and the car have this subtle Christmas scent to it making me smile the slightest, I could be hooked on just the scent of Shawn, if only they had scented candles that smelled this good.

"What happened to your car?" He asks as the vehicle pulls forward.

Well at least he's not being awkward about this, I think to myself, gazing at him and his beautiful features.

I've never really talked to Shawn before but I wish I noticed things about him sooner, like his scent, his sharp jawline, the caramel tinted eyes, one being lazy, and his supple looking lips.

I get so far lost in his beauty he has to clear his throat to remind me that I have to give him an answer.

"U-uh my car broke down," I stutter, shivering afterwards from the blasting cool air coming from the dashboard.

"Shit sorry," he mumbles, pressing a button hard making the air cease immediately.

Way to make things awkward Adison. I sigh sarcastically to myself, leave it up to me to do something dumb to make him feel as if he's doing something wrong.

"Hey," I say, shifting my body so I don't have to turn my head so far just to look at him, "thanks so much for the ride Shawn. If it weren't for you and your jeep I'd not only be late but also very cold." A laugh makes its way from my lungs, lightening the mood of the conversation.

The corners of his mouth twitch upwards, trying to fight off a smile, and he puffs air out of his nose happily.

"You know my name?" He says, raising his eyebrows, "I didn't think you would."

"You think I'd just get in a car with an absolute stranger?" I muse, not fighting off my smile.

"Since when have you known me," he sighs making a gentle right hand turn.

"Classes," I say looking out the window watching our small town pass me at a fast rate.

"Ah, I could've been dangerous," this time he actually laughs, not caring if I see his absolutely stunning smile.

Who knew teeth could be so attractive.

"Yeah because you definetly seem the type," the heavy sarcasm that I use with him causes a beautiful laugh  to get let out, the sound being pure joy, something that I often crave.

He pulls in a parking space on campus, grabbing his backpack from the back seat and flashes me yet again another smile.

"See you in class stranger," he says raising his eyebrows.

"See you in class," I say unbuckling myself and taking a look in the mirror at my smudged makeup, making me resemble a raccoon.

"Oh and you might want to get your car fixed," he says matter of factly, "because I don't think you want to come to school everyday soaking wet. After all, there's never a day in Canada where it's not raining."

With that he walks away  nonchalantly, leaving me with that smile burned in my mind.

________________________________________~do you know how hard it is to write while you're nauseous???

~Leah