~Betrayed~ Chapter IX

Chapter IX

--And he almost did.

Rubio pulled Ollie that his body thumped into his own. It wasn't painful or overly forceful, but Rubio felt an overwhelming burning desire to have Ollie close. Closer!

Ollie's tiny chest bumped into the lower portion of Rubio, and he had to look all the way up. Rubio felt his face get hot. So hot, he needed Ollie to cool it down, and by cool it down, it would take a kiss. Just one kiss.

When Rubio bent down, and their lips touched. It felt like the waves of the ocean crashed. Rubio felt strong enough to withstand them. Each wave only made Rubio more determined. In that same moment, he could feel Ollie respond with equal desire, but it was Ollie who broke away first.

"But... what if you're too late?"

"I'm not."

"How would you know?"

"Because you let me kiss you." He replied unable to do anything but else. "Because you kissed me back. Because of the way you look at me. Because not once have you let me go." Rubio felt the tug, Ollie was attempting to pull away. "And it's ok. I don't want to let you go either. But I also won't share you with anyone. You still have a choice. Hate to put that on you but that's the way it is. You won't have to decide right here and now if that means anything."

Ollie's eyes turned glassy, and Rubio suddenly felt cold. He had to let go once the muscles started to tense in his arm. Ollie had fair skin, so that most likely made him easy to bruise. Rubio wasn't that kind of guy. He'd heard and witnessed the damage of what a man could do for the woman he loved. Or man to another man?

His father, he did love his wife, Rubio's mother, but Rubio was too young to understand much at the time. He didn't quite know why, or attempt to remember this now. His brain had bad timing. His mother was trying to take him, but she was a mess. They were all in the living room together but Rubio was the only one sitting on the couch. His legs were too short for his feet to touch the ground back then. The house was cleaner back then too.

Rubio didn't understand, or he was used to the routine from the way his parents fought. No one ever smashed or hit things. It was all verbal, so Rubio didn't cry. His suitcase was packed beside him. Rubio thought they were all going to go on another trip. This time it might be the three of them together.

Then the police came, and still, Rubio didn't understand. Someone, the face was a blur now, had to explain things to him after.

He never saw his mother again, but how was this event that took place a long time ago supposed to help him now?

"Do you think we'll ever get a future together?" He was afraid of the answer but had to ask. His joints felt stiff that he felt a need to wobble. Maybe stretch.

Ollie did not look him in the eyes. "I suppose the right answer would be say yes, but we live in the real world, things don't always work out so easily."

"So... that's a no?" He felt a small part of himself fall away, slowly but surely. Memories of when he first caught sight of Ollie, in school, laughing with the some brown haired girl by the lockers. The lockers were painted blue that year. Something about Ollie caught his attention there. Was it the way Ollie threw his head back, white teeth glistening as he laughed full heartedly? Rubio wouldn't have called it a love at first sight thing. He was just another person to Rubio, or so he thought at the time.

The affections grew months later when he started seeing more of Ollie, but his feelings... that was something he never got around to understanding. Not since his mother left.