~Betrayed~ Chapter VII

Chapter VII

"Ralph is an ex cheerleader." He said finally breaking the silence, though not exactly what Rubio wanted to hear. Rubio still felt like he'd been sucker punched. They were alone in the kitchen. Ralph had already carried both his own things, and Ollie's to the downstairs bedroom. That left both Rubio and Ollie alone. In the kitchen. Rubio figured he suddenly needed a glass of water, or to be closer to Ollie. "Well, he can still do the moves but there aren't any other male cheerleader's at our school."

"Why don't you rub the salt in the wounds a little more?" He grumbled and glared, Ollie glared right on back. Rubio was wishing things had stayed in awkward silence instead of... this.

A new girl walked in just then. She had a mousy brown hair with matching brown eyes that reminded Rubio of Eric. She wore a dark brown beanie over her head. Most of what she was wore was brown. Rubio realized he'd never seen the girl before. She looked like she might be at least two years younger than the rest of them.

Maybe he should introduce her to his cousin. They both looked like they could 'bookworm' together.

Suddenly realizing his word choice, "What? No wait, look, I'm sorry, I don't ever seem to know what to say around you." Rubio was already trying to wave him away while Ollie carried on. "I used to try getting your attention but you didn't notice or care. I didn't think you cared!"

The girl was no longer standing awkwardly nearby, her head ducked out into a different direction. Should Rubio seek her out later?

Ollie's eyes followed the girl and immediately started to run after her. "Cameron wait!"

Rubio was left standing in an even more confused situation than before.

"What did I do to deserve this?" He asked himself.

"Deserve what? Are you talking to yourself again?"

Rubio looked up from the countertop to a familiar face. "Yo! Damien!"

Rubio exchanged the standard fist bump and bro hug. Well... Damien more or less was the one who threw in the bro hug. He patted Rubio on the back with a couple thumps before grabbing Rubio's face in his hands, gently so. "Something on your mind bro?"

"I..." How was he going to say it? Saying the words out loud made it all too real. That's when he remembered, once more, the mission they were all on. "You know, Eric is already here."

Damien's eyes flicked over to the side. Amazingly he wasn't that far off. Eric really was in the direction his eyes turned. Would Rubio ever get what they got?

"Nice try." He said. "Thank you." His eyes might have gotten a little glassy but that could have been a trick of the light for all he knew.

"So..." He figured it was safe to try steering the topic elsewhere. "Who's the chick?"

Rubio couldn't quite read Damien's expression. That wasn't his strongest suit anyway. "My best friends little sister." He replied. "I'm surprised you didn't know. That girl is friends with just about everybody. Between you and me, I think you're not the only one dealing with drama."

"Oh?" He didn't have to pretend to be interested.

"Yeah... I haven't found out myself but you know, she's been like quiet the whole ride here. Not sure why but secretly kind of hoping she'll break the silence soon. Holding secrets, not exactly a healthy thing to do. I would know my man."

Rubio hoped nothing showed on his face. Even though it was a bullseye. Talking about emotions, personal emotions, gay, bi, whatever he was, that would always be his worst trait. After all, he was still a guy. Sure he was positive that he could talk to Damien about anything, but not about this. At least until, after this whole thing blew over. Maybe after his wounds would be nearly healed, plus Eric and Damien would finally be able to see each other peace.