~Bold~ Chapter VI

Chapter VI

"Look," Reese said when Aden remained silent, "I'm an idiot. I get that now."

Reese was still trying to drive, but kept looking at Aden, trying to look for a reaction. He was hoping the rain would continue to fall, lest Aden would request to be let out to walk the rest of the way, but Reese couldn't have that, this could be his last chance.

Reese was hoping for a response but when he still got none, "I thought Cameron was with you." Deep breaths, Reese, deep breaths. Don't get emotional.

"No idiot," Aden rolled his eyes resembling a teenager... and a younger version of Reese, "Cameron has other friends than me."

"What are all the snacks for?" Reese risked one more glance before going back to watch the road. He needed to keep Aden talking. So he felt.

Aden mumbled something about a marathon and Reese decided to shoot the next question, this time sticking with something logical. "Am I even going the right way?"

Aden didn't respond right away. "No you missed the turn two blocks ago." He said, after passing those two blocks.

Reese almost slammed in the brakes but caught sight of Aden grinning. Aden was still trying to hide it.

"Does that mean... I'm forgiven?" Reese tried to joke.

The look wasn't directed at Reese but it said enough. Not by a long shot. No surprise there. It was too easy.

"Make a right over here." Reese made the right turn as requested. He'd been down this way five to eight times. It was the same street with the house and bird sanctuary if he remembered right.

"Jesus, Aden, what can I do make things right again?" Reese hated the fact that he sounded whiny, but if it meant getting Aden, he'd do it. Reese also accelerated without meaning to, only for a short second.

"You can't just fall out of with someone like that." He said. "I would never ask that of you."

Reese could feel Aden's eyes on him and wished he could he meet his gaze longer than two seconds, but he was still driving. "You love him and you always will."

Reese fired his next question while keeping enough good sense to drive like a normal person. His hands were too tight on the wheel, so he loosened his grip. "How long has been going on?"

Aden scoffed and looked away.

"Aden." Reese said with near urgency. "Aden please talk to me." Not a word. "Aden."

"Just let me out. I can walk the rest of the way by myself."

"Aden!" He didn't mean to shout, to suddenly sound like one of those jerks that acted like they had to have full control over their girlfriends. "You're a smart boy."

The rain may have let up some, but it was still no place to be walking around in. Cars could be driving too fast, accidents could happen. It would be over Reese's dead body, before he let anything like that happen to Aden. "You may not believe me, but I care for you."

At least Aden wasn't reaching for the handle trying to jump out of a moving car. "Don't say stupid things like that."

"I care for you." It might be too soon to claim he loved him. Reese wasn't a hundred percent sure, but he knew he couldn't ignore that magnetic feeling he felt. He was currently feeling it now. Right now. In this vehicle. Aden wasn't that far away.

"Reese, stop it." His nostrils flared.

"I might even love you." There. He said it. Though sort of half assed it. "And you know what?" He didn't wait for an answer. "In fact. I do love you." There was no going back now.