Prologue

• इन्हें समर्पित: StolenCloud

Prologue

My heart stopped as I watched the scene before me. This can't be happening. The coach should have taken him out of the game. My heart beat picked up as I stood. "NATHAN!" I yelled frantically as I watched the love of my life collapse to the ground.

***

I smiled to myself as Jamie and Landon fell in love. It was the only way to escape my miserable existence. I couldn't help but love to be transformed into someone else's life. That's what books held for me. They helped me to escape from the sad life that I now inhabited.

Two years ago my life wasn't like this. I mean I wasn't very popular but I at least had friends. I had been accepted. I had a loving father and people who cared about me. Now, I was nothing. A nobody. Someone that no one cared about and no one loved. Father died of an accident and mother had left when I was three. Even my own mother didn't want me. Now I was being passed from foster home to foster home. My current family is the Lawrence's and even they wouldn't keep me for long. They were a great family and I liked them but no one ever kept me. Their son Brayden was my age and he was nice enough but he didn't really go out of his way to talk to me. School is starting tomorrow and I wasn't sure if I was ready for it.

Let's just say that the kids here who were my age didn't exactly seem like my type of people. At least the ones that I had met. Brayden was the popular basketball guy so all of his friends were preppy little cheerleaders or jocks. Not really my type. I had never been one for school spirit or anything of the means but I wasn't a total outcast either, but that had been when my father was still alive.

Now...I wasn't really anything special. I was someone that no one cared about or loved. I was some girl being transferred from home to home just so the foster families could get their checks. They didn't care about me, they just wanted their money. They wanted to get some extra cash for a little while until they got tired of me and sent me back. I wasn't loved or cared for and that was harder than I had ever imagined. I always grew up with the love of my father and I was so used to having someone there for me. Someone to laugh at my jokes and help me when I was heartbroken. Just someone to be there for me was what I wanted and I no longer had that. I no longer had a father because some idiot had run a red light while father was walking home.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic now, it goes without saying that the Lawrence's are rich and I'm talking filthy rich! Their mansion is twenty times the size of the last foster home that I was at. So, while I was here I decided to enjoy every moment of it because I mean, who wouldn't enjoy living in a mansion?

I tore myself from my thoughts to look down at my book. It was one of my favorites, A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. As I read I thought about Jamie and Landon's story a lot. They had gone through so much, from Landon being a jerk towards Jamie to Landon finding out that Jamie was going to die. I sometimes longed for a love like theirs. Landon stuck with Jamie even though he knew that he would eventually lose her. Now that is what true love should be, but I would never have that. At least not anytime soon because I wasn't someone that people cared about. I was a nobody and no one loved someone like me.

Nobody (On Hold)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें