ten - date

WE DIDN'T STAY long at my place. Obviously with what had just happened with Wendy, I didn't really want to hang around. So I grabbed my coat and put on my boots before opening the door. Then, as soon as I saw that it was Harry, I stepped out of the apartment and closed the door behind me.

He laughed softly. "You're in a hurry to leave," Harry remarked while I locked the door with my key.

"Yeah," I replied, giving him a small smile.

Immediately he knew something was wrong, a frown appeared on his face and concern took over. "Is everything ok?"

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, it's fine," I said before heading out.

I walked down a few stairs but it sounded awfully quiet so I stopped walking towards the exit. There was a brief silence and I turned around to see that Harry wasn't following me. I frowned and he took the few steps that separated us.

"I just thought we were sharing our feelings now," he teased before grabbing my hands.

I rolled my eyes and slightly leaned into him as we started to walk, somehow hoping that the subject would naturally move along. It didn't.

"If it wasn't clear, it was a serious question disguised as a joke," he clarified as we started to walk out of my building.

I sighed but didn't say anything until we reached his car. Before I opened the door I turned around, thinking that he was probably right. Harry and I were sharing these kind of things now. Plus, it would be best to get this thing out of the way so that we could truly enjoy our date.

"I just had some sort of fight with Wendy," I told him as I took his other hand and leaned against the car.

"What does 'some sort of fight' means?" He looked lost but still concerned.

I smiled, amazed by how caring he was being. "There was no yelling, the conversation lasted five minutes at most, but we disagreed strongly on something and it upset me."

He sighed and I knew that he understood the problem. "It's because of me, isn't it?"

I bit my lower lip, not actually confirming it, but still being pretty obvious. Harry's shoulder slouched and I felt his hands slip away from mine. Before he could totally let my hands go, I took a step forward and kissed his cheek.

"It doesn't matter, Harry. She doesn't get a say in this," I reassured him. It seemed to work as his hands grabbed mine firmly again and he smiled shyly. "It's upsetting, yes, but right now, it doesn't matter. We're going on our first date and we're not going to let this ruin it."

My hand reached for Harry's cheek and my thumb caressed his skin. Even if I had shared with him what I was upset about, it didn't mean that I wanted it to ruin the rest of the night. So I smiled softly until the corner of his lips lifted and turned into a smile as well. Then I stood on my toes and pressed my lips softly against his.

"So," I said as I detached my lips from his. "Where are we going?"

He chuckled before shaking his head. "Don't even try," he mumbled before pressing his lips against mine again quickly. "It's a surprise."

I pouted. "We're on the date now, I'm allowed to know!"

He shook his head again and walked to his side of the car. I crossed my arm over my chest and when he saw me, he simply rolled his eyes and smiled. "Get in," he ordered playfully.

I obeyed and got in his car. I looked in the backseats, hoping that I would find some sort of clue. However, all I saw were two large duffel bags, and it was impossible to guess what was inside, and the blankets he had mentioned a few days before. No clues that would indicate what exactly we were doing.