Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Nine *Final Chapter*

Start from the beginning

            “No, Miss. Kingston. I understand. A day is barely even close for you to show signs, you wouldn’t have known for a while. You see, the egg was pierced by the knife and the life that was beginning to grow was destroyed. It was very fragile at the time” The doctor explains as I nod in comprehension squeezing Drew’s hand tighter to keep from crying, “Because of this, it won’t be as easy to conceive again”

            Tears cloud my vision but I bite them back to nod. Drew and I can do it. We can. We can and we will. We’ll start a family no matter how hard it takes. Even if we have to adopt, we’ll start our family. Drew squeezes my hand reassuringly and looks up at the doctor.

            “But not impossible?” Drew demands, cocking his head to the side.

            The doctor shakes his head, “Not impossible, it is possible. But it’ll take a little more time. I wouldn’t try for a few months until everything is okay with Miss. Kingston here”

            Drew shakes his head frantically, “I didn’t plan anything to happen as soon as she left the hospital. She needs to heal, I appreciate that doctor”

            “When do you think I’ll be able to leave this place?” I request.

            “Well if everything goes without flaws and your wounds do not become infected and the same for Mr. Edwards, I believe you’ll both be able to live sometime tomorrow late afternoon?”

            I smile weakly and the doctor thankfully takes the silence as his hint to leave. So he nods and walks out the door with a swish of his long white jacket. I turn over on my good side to face Drew, and take both of his warm hands in my own covering them like a hut with my two hands. I close my eyes and loose myself in sleep, dreaming of a little boy and girl playing under a tree in a backyard.

…………………………………….

            “C’mon Mony” Drew says happily, tugging on my hands, “Get out of the car”

            I snort narrowing my lips at him, “You know I would do that if I could SEE”

            Drew wrapped his sweater around my eyes after I was out of the hospital and sitting in the front seat. Don’t ask my why, because I can’t tell you. I don’t have a clue.

            Drew chuckles and tugs my hands, pulling me from the car, “Wait just a few minutes Peaches”

            I grumble nonsense under my breath annoyed that Drew won’t let me see anything. My hand finds its way down to my flat stomach, resting against it. I sigh tearfully and rub my thumb in circles against it.

            “Okay,” Drew chirps, “On three. One, Two, THREE”

            Drew’s sweater rips from my eyes allowing me to see.  My eyes bug out of my head at the sight sitting in front of me. There sitting in front of me is a lovely house, nestled into the trees. The house is beige with dark shudders surrounding the windows. There’s a long walk way that leads to the stairs at tons of yard around us. There’s many windows looking out from the front and the house is quite large. It’s the house of my dreams.