Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Nine *Final Chapter*

Start from the beginning

            Drew’s face scrunches up just as mine probably did and draws me to him. I curl against him ignoring the pain shooting up my side and my lower stomach. Drew buries his face in my hair and coos through his own tears. I cry harder clutching onto his arm as the sobs rip through my already frail body.

            “We can try again Peaches, we can” Drew offers soothingly, “Don’t cry, I’m so sorry I let this happen, I’m sorry I let him kill our baby”

            I shake my head and choke through my clogged throat, “He could’ve killed me Drew. I killed our baby, you saved me. I shouldn’t have even left your side, I know now that I was safer there. It’s my fault, I’m sorry D, so sorry”

            “Don’t say that Mony” Drew says fiercely into my hair, “It’s not your fault. You didn’t know; how could you it was only two days? We wouldn’t have known for a while, I’m surprised the doctors even knew, but I guess they are doctors. You left my side for a reason and even though then I didn’t know I know now, it was so I could find Blaine. So I could get rid of him forever, to keep you safe. Now, we can start a family, we can be a family and he won’t ruin it.”

            “You promise me that D” I whisper loud enough for him to hear, “You promise me that we’ll start a family. You promise me that I’ll be a mommy again, please”

            Drew raises my head with his thumb and forefinger under my chin and smiles lovingly down at me.

            “I swear, I promise, that I, Andrew Damon Edwards will start a family with you. I promise to marry you and make you mine forever. I promise that the minute we step foot out of this damned hospital that I’ll take you home, to our home. I promise Harmony, I promise”

            I wrap my arms around him and crush myself closer to him loving the sound of his heart pounding in my ear. He promised me all I wanted, all I ever wanted. I raise my head just as Drew lowers his, our lips connecting together half way in a passionate kiss filled with love and demanding. I raise my fingers to his hair, weaving them into his soft locks. Drew nibbles on my lip and just as the tip of his tongue slips through my lips the door swings open.

            Drew and I slowly pull away, glancing over at the door where the doctor and male nurse are standing with stern looks on their faces. The doctor marches over, waving us apart. I lay back against the rough pillow, holding Drew’s hand.

            “I see he hasn’t informed you that your baby has died? You seem rather happy that you lost your kid…” The doctor says in a gruff voice glaring at Drew.

            I clear my throat nodding, “He did actually. I know all about it. I’m not happy I lost the kid Mister, not by any means” I growl, “But you know what, I am happy, because that baby was the start of forever. That baby was a start. You can’t be angry with me, I didn’t know”

            The doctor nods not saying anything about my tone. I bite my tongue as my lip quivers to keep myself from crying over our loss again.