Nine

Courtney's POV:
It's Friday night and what am i doing? Oh right laying in my bed crying because I trusted him. I ignored the hundredth text I got from Duncan today and took out my aux cord and blasted the song I've been replaying since I got home. Let It Go. It's up there in the rectangle if you want to hear it

"But he ain't the one for me.." I said in sync with the song. I'm so tired of trusting guys with the one thing I had to offer, my heart.

"Courtney." Toby said as he barged into my room with a phone in his hand. I looked at the tan man and softly replied.

"What?"

"Some guy wants to talk to you." He continued, "Name is Lee." I looked at Toby before yanking the phone out of cold hand. I totally forgot about Lee.

"H-Hello?" I stuttered.

"Hey, Courtney! Haven't seen you since the mall..." He replied back. I flashed back to that day and remembered my dad coming into my house and forcing me to leave with him.

"Yea I'm really sorry, I kinda ditched you didn't I." I said

"Don't sweat it, if I saw my ex all over some stranger I'd probably leave too." He said.

".... So what's up, I mean why'd you call?" I asked quickly.

I heard my phone vibrating on the floor, considering I threw it there. I already knew who was calling so I just sighed and answered it.

"What do you want?" I asked angrily yet in a sad manner.

"Woah, what's with the tone?" My dad asked, catching me off guard.

"Courtney I was wondering if you wanted to meet up at McDonald's later.." Lee said into the other phone I was holding.

"Sorry dad thought you were someone else." I said thinking of Duncan. Guess he gave up on calling me.

"And sure Lee, that would be cool." I said into the other phone.

"Courtney, your mom passed away... I'm holding a funeral for her and I want you and Toby to come." He said quickly, I felt his voice cracking with every word he said, my heart sank.

"Lee I'll talk to you later." I said quickly hanging up the phone.

"What do you mean she passed away? What happened?!" I shouted into the phone, letting my anger get the best of me.

"Your mom worked herself to death, ironic isn't it? She was working for the big promotion that let her get three weeks off and she wanted to visit you in those weeks, she took too much pills trying to keep herself awake every day, no sleep, and she collapsed onto the floor at work during a meeting." He said, catching his breath afterwards.

"You're lying." I said angrily.

"What?"

"You're just saying this so I can come live with you and mom! Why are you doing this to me again?" I continued, "Do you think I'm going to fall for something as sad as that? I mean why would you even say those things to me?! You hate me don't you!" I shouted. I didn't want to say any of the things coming out of my mouth, but someone had to pay for the pain I felt.

"Co-"
"Leave me alone dad." I said cutting him off and hanging up. I threw my phone at the wall and texted Lee, agreeing to the meet up at McDonald's.

_______
I sat in the empty booth waiting for Lee to show up when the sky darkened. The clouds begun to turn grey and I felt an ache in my stomach, the restaurant was dim and dreary so I attempted to leave when I saw a smiling Lee walk into the room. I sighed and sat back down.