Father!Engineer x Child!Reader

"Daddy! Daddy!"You say excitedly as you ran to your father. Tripping then falling along the way then getting back up running towards him again.

Your father chuckles seeing your little clumsiness,"What is it, darlin'?"He asks you kneeling down to your height.

You smiled, with a gap in the middle since your tooth came out not to long ago. You hold up a picture,"Look! Mister Spah taught me how to draw. Ain't it good?"You ask holding up your picture to him.

It was a picture of the whole team including your father holding you in his arms.

"Wow... Darlin'..."He says. "Don't ya like it, pa?"You ask him, your heart sinking a bit.

"Ah don't like it."He says. You thought you were about to cry. "Ah love it!"He says. You smile.

"Ya got some talent in ya!"He says as he picked you up and twirled you around. You laughed.

"Why don't we show this to the others?"He asks. You nod as you wrapped your arms around your father's neck.

He walks you to the dining area where the others were.

"Hey, fellas."Your father says. All the men look at the two of you.

"Vat iz it, my hard helmet friend?"Medic asks.

"Look at the drawin' that my lil' darlin' made."He says putting you picture on the table and sat down, setting you on his lap.

"Vow. Your tochter has a talent."Medic says.

"Are ya kiddin', mate? The little ankle bittah has more than talent. She has a gift."Sniper says ruffling your hair.

Spy takes a look at it, then smirks,"Taught zee fille well. You would make an amazing artiste when you grow up."Spy says tapping your nose gently and playfully with his gloved hand.

You giggle,"Thanks, Mister Spah!"

Spy smirks.

"Oh I don't know if she's gonna be a artist when she grows up. She's gonna be an engineer. Like her daddy. Right, darlin'?"You father asks you.

You bite the inside of your cheek, looking down fiddling with your thumbs,"Ah don't know, pa... I was thinkin' that... Maybe Ah want to be a artist when Ah grow up."You say looking up at your father.

Your father looks at you, his heart drops a little. He was expecting you to want to grow up like him. Follow in his footsteps. Like how he followed in his father's footsteps. But hearing you wanted to be an artist, and not and engineer like him, he felt sad.

He nods,"Um. Alright. That's... That's fine by me. If it's what ya want to be. I won't stop ya."He says.

You feel a little guilty, and nod. You saw how sad he looked. "But Ah'll still practice on building Sentries like you, pa."You say giving him a kiss on his cheek.

A small but warm smile is shown on his face,"Alright. C'mon. Back to my workshop."He says holding out his gloved hand. You take it.

You look back at the men,"Ah'll see y'all later."You say. They all have you a small wave and walked away. Talking amongst themselves.

You both arrived to your father's workshop. He goes and busied himself at his work table. You saw how he kept a straight face. Almost a disappointed look. You look down at the ground.

"Ah'm sorry, pa."You say quietly as some tears rolled down your cheeks. You sniffed.

Your father looks at you. He sees you crying.

"C'mere."He says gesturing you over to him. You nod and walk over to him. He sits down in his fold out chair. You stand in front of you. He takes your small hand into his gloved one.

"What's there to be sorry about, darlin'?"

You sniffed wiping the tears away with your arm, but some tears still came down,"Ah'm sorry that Ah'm not like you, pa. *sniff* Ya seemed really upset. Ah'm sorry."

Tears started to stream down your face even more.

"Oh, darlin'. Hey. Look at me."He says picking you chin up to look at him. You couldn't look in his eyes, but you saw your own reflection of your self on his goggles and what could be seen of his eyes under the dark shades.

"There's no need to be cryin'. Ah do admit. Ah am a bit upset. But it's what you choose to do darlin'."He says.

You nod and hugged him, wrapping your arms around his neck,"Ah love you, pa. And if Ah change ma mind, Ah might just be like you as a side job."

Your father smiles,"Ah would like that. And Ah love you too."

"Ah love you more."

He chuckles,"Ah love you lost, darlin'."

You giggle. You sit on his table as he worked on something. His toolbox right next to you.

"Screwdriver."He says holding his hand out.

You look through his toolbox. He didn't say a specific screwdriver because you already knew which one he was talking about.

"Screwdriver."You repeat placing the flat head screwdriver in his rubber gloves hand.

"Wrench."

"Wrench."

"Pliers."

"Pliers."

"Sandwich."

You giggle as you picked up half of your sandwich that you were eating, your father opened his mouth so he could take a bite. You put the sandwich to his mouth and he took a big bite of it.

"Pa! That bite was too big!"You whine. Your father chuckles as he chewed.

"That's what she said!"Scout yells as he walked past the workshop.

Your father looks in his direction,"That kind of humor ain't allowed around my darlin'!"He yells at Scout.

"Ay. Your kid was the one who was talking about taking BIG bites, Engineer."Scout says.

"What does Mister Scout mean?"You ask looking at Engineer curiously.

"Nothin'. He's just askin' for his behind to be kicked."He says shooing Scout away.

You nod and Scout rolls his eyes as he walked away.

It's been a couple of hours. It was night time and you were fast asleep on his table.

Engineer chuckles as he picked you up and cradled you in his arms like a baby. He walks back to the base, he gets to your room and puts you to bed. He tucks you in as you snuggled in your bed. He kissed your forehead,"Goodnight, my lil' darlin'."He says quietly to you and walked out of your room.

A/N: I didn't have anyone request this really. I just thought of making it. Sorry if the accent was bad. I'm terrible with accents.