Chapter 11

Elizabeth

I stretched out on the bed and pulled the covers over my shoulders, trying to fall asleep in this strange house. I was just starting to doze off when the door opened and closed. The soft sound of breathing told me someone was standing in the room and I was about to ask who it was when the familiar cologne filled my nose.

"Chance," I said with a smile. "Are you going to stand there like a creeper all night?"

His footsteps came closer and the edge of the bed sunk down as he sat. "What gave me away this time?" There was a smirk in his voice and I rolled over to face him.

"I could smell you."

He laughed once. "You could smell me? That sounds like something I would say. Not turning into a vampire, are you?"

I rolled my eyes. "Your cologne, I could smell it. Sensitive nose, remember?"

"Oh yeah." He suddenly poked my nose and I flinched back for a second, not expecting it, then smiled.

"So can I help you with something?"

He laid down next to me, a smirk coming into his voice again. "There are several things you could help me with."

I gave him a flat look then pointed toward the door. "Alright, out of my bed."

He laughed and his arms wrapped around me as he pulled me closer. "Aw, do I have to?"

He was burying his head in my neck and I couldn't help but smile. "You can stay if you behave."

"That's no fun," he murmured.

I pulled back slightly, pushing his head away. "Did you want something though?"

"Eh," he laid his head on the pillow. "Just to spend the night with you."

He seemed a little off and I could tell there was more to it than that. "And?"

"And nothing, that's all." I imagine he was giving me a charming smile, trying to get me to drop it.

"I can tell there's more and I'll never be able to sleep until you tell me."

He sighed, leaning back some. "I'm just really thirsty and I'm not sure I trust myself staying so close to Callie's room. But if I'm in here with you, it'll distract me and hopefully I won't do something stupid."

"How long has it been since you've drank?" I asked, starting to get worried.

He laughed uncomfortably then sighed. "Too long."

"Why've you waited so long?" I asked, quickly sitting up. "Oh crap, Jesse hasn't fed in a while either, has he? And we're in a house with a human girl! What if one of you attacks her!?" My eyes widened a little more. "What if that's how she's turned into a vamp? Because one of you bites her!"

He laughed as he sat up beside me. "It takes more than that to turn someone, and don't worry so much. As long as her blood stays inside her body, we should be okay until we leave."

I thought about it for a minute then decided he was probably right. We would just make nice in the morning then come up with some excuse and get out of here before the boys could vamp out. Then they were going to feed whether they wanted to or not.

I suddenly realized how much closer Chance had moved while I was thinking. I was used to him sitting and standing close to me, but this was different. He seemed really tense and was leaning very close to my neck.

"Chance?" I whispered.

"Mm hm?" was the only response I got as he leaned a little closer.

I could feel his breath on my neck and swallowed hard. Suddenly I felt a little light headed and closed my eyes. When I opened them again, I was looking at me and Chance sitting on the bed. He was leaning close to my neck and his eyes were glowing red. His fangs slowly grew down as he leaned into my neck and the me on the bed suddenly tense, my eyes so wide they looked like they'd pop out of my head.