Chapter 3

Chance

"Wait a second," Lizzy said, a shocked expression on her face. "Tommy's a kid!"

"And you're a girl," Tommy said in a snide tone. "What's your point?"

She turned and looked toward me. "How old is he?"

"12 I think," I told her, looking at Tommy. "He's a red headed, freckled, 12 year old Irish boy with a bad temper."

"And he's standin' right here!" Tommy said, crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes. His scowl then turned into a grin as he looked at Lizzy and he wagged his eyebrows. "And he's far from 12."

I raised an eyebrow and wrapped an arm around Lizzy's waist. "And now I think he's trying to hit on you."

Jesse gave us all a weird look then turned back to Tommy. "Back to the point, we're actually here for something."

"Somethin for the lady?" Tommy asked. "'Cause I have some beautiful jewelry in the back." He looked to Lizzy as he continued. "It's all authentic and bright colors. Real beautiful stuff. Why don't ya come take a look?"

I smirked. "I don't think you're going to win her over that way."

"Why not?"

Lizzy smiled and pulled off her sunglasses, looking toward him. "I'm blind, so it's kind of lost on me."

"Oh." He nodded slowly and I could see the wheels turning in his head. "Well in that case, I have some other jewelry you might like and-"

"Tommy," Jesse said loudly, starting to get annoyed. "We're not here to buy your questionable products."

"Hey!" He yelled, pointing his finger at Jesse. "My merchandise is all legit."

I laughed once. "Yeah, and I'm Shirley Temple."

"Let's see you sing and dance then Shirley, because I only sell the best."

Lizzy shook her head, an amused smile on her face. "I still can't get over the fact that he's a bookie, sells stolen goods, and acts like this and is a kid!" She laughed a couple of times to herself.

Tommy turned and glared at her. "I'm three hundred years old sweet cheeks; I ain't no kid."

Her smile dropped and she stared wide eyed in his direction. "Holy crap that's old!"

"We don't have all night," Jesse growled. "So can we please stop screwing around."

Tommy crossed his arms, leaning to the side and looking toward Jesse. "So what'd ya want?"

"Information," Jesse replied simply.

Tommy grinned. "My favorite subject."

"Good," I said. "Then maybe you can tell us what the new big plan is to cause trouble and take over the world."

He stared at us for a minute then shook his head. "Man, when you two do something, you do it good, don't ya?"

"What do you mean?" Jesse asked.

"If you're getting involved in this, you must be ready to meet your maker, 'cause it ain't gonna end pretty."

"It's going to end in blood and fire," Lizzy said quietly. "We already know that, we just want to know how to stop it."

Tommy gave Lizzy an odd look and I quickly looked to the side, not wanting to give anything away. If he figured out she was having visions, there's a good chance the rest of the world would know before morning and then everything we went through before would be for nothing.