e i g h t

I yawned, still dressed in my pajamas and making my way to the front door . I looked through the peephole and rolled my eyes.
"What do you want at half past twelve in the morning ," I exclaimed at a tired looking John, who stood in my doorway," People are trying to sleep."
"I know, but it's tomorrow and you said we could talk ," he shrugged, stepping inside of my apartment .
I closed my door and turned towards him with a sleepy look .
"I'm not doing any talking right now. I need some sleep or would you like me pregnant and sleep deprived ?" I said .
"No, I guess I didn't think this through . I knew you would let me in though ," John smiled .
I rolled my eyes and walked back to my room , knowing he would follow me . He entered and closed the door behind him . I laid on my bed with my eyes closed, but I could feel John watching me .
"I told you I was going to sleep ," I said .
"I know ," he said.
"You might as well lay down with me ," I sighed , immediately regretting the words that came out of my mouth . In fact I was regretting even opening the front door .
John didn't respond, but I heard him shuffle his way towards my bed and wait for me to move .
I pulled my blanket up and scooted over just so he could have some space . He slid in beside me and didn't move . I could barely hear him breath . I squinted at him to get a good look in the dark .
"Get comfortable , you act like you never slept with me before ," I said .
"Things were different then and that's what I want to talk-"
"Shh," I said, placing a finger on his lips . "No talking; sleeping ."
"Okay," he sighed.
"Shh."