s i x

I patiently sat on the bed waiting for either the doctor or John to come in . When both entered my stomach churned .
"Hey," John breathed, standing by my side .
"Hey ," I said .
"I'm guessing you're the father ," the doctor stated .
John nodded his head and it then finally sank in.
You're the father .
I looked up at the doctor with wide eyes.
"I'm-"
"Congratulations," she smiled .
I looked back to John.
"I'm pregnant ," I said .
"I heard," he smiled .
"You're 2 months pregnant and I'm supposed to go over all of your options , just so you both are fully aware. There's not much to it though. You can keep the baby, that's what the other tests were for to make sure you are up to it ," the doctor said.
"I want to keep the baby of course ," I said and John sighed in relief.
I couldn't just kill this being that was growing inside of me or carry it for nine months and give it up to someone else , no .
John held my hand .
"I'll be here," he stated ," For the both of you ."
"Let's get that first ultrasound for you guys ," she smiled .
She got her equipment ready and a placed a cool gel on my stomach . She then took her wand and rubbed it across my stomach . Soon you could see a blurred image .
"As the baby grows you will be able to see more, but this right here is where it's at ," she stated .
John stared in awe while I held back a few tears .
"Okay, well that's it," she said while turning of the machine. "Congratulations, I'll have some prenatal vitamins for you and the copy of this ultrasound. Make an appointment to come back ."
"Okay," I sighed.
John let go of my hand and followed the doctor out to the front desk while I changed my clothes. I had a lot going on in my mind and frankly I hadn't processed it all yet .
I grabbed my things and made my way out . I was handed my prescription and the ultrasound from the front desk and headed out with John.
"Are we going to talk now ?" John asked .
"Can we try this a little later ?" I sighed while unlocking my car .
"If not now then when ?" John exclaimed .
"I said later ," I scoffed .
"When is later ?" He said, his voice getting louder .
"Tomorrow," I sighed," Let me sleep on this and process this some more . Okay ?"
"Alright, tomorrow and you better not flake on me ," John stated .
"I won't. Just give me some space right now ," I said .
John walked away and I got into my car and let out a frustrated sound .
I've had a long ass day .