With a nod, Storm leaned back against the wall, slumping tiredly. Xenor stayed silent, face shadowed by his bangs.

"But... who did it?" Rosemary suddenly whispered. "Who was the one who...?" Her voice wobbled and trailed off, a tense silence falling.

Storm knew what she meant. What she didn't want to say.

Who was the one who killed our king?

He bit his lip.

Who was the one who killed my father?

Bayne had been a wonderful king. A kind, benevolent ruler. It was highly unlikely anyone in the kingdom had a grudge of sorts against him.

Who would hate such a brilliant man like him?

A flurry of rage coursed through his veins, thumped in his heart, and he clenched his fists, digging his nails into the skin of his palms till they shed blood.

Both Silix and Zana stood quietly, their lips pressed into thin lines.

Storm drew in a breath, hoping to calm down his enraged nerves. Vengeful hate bubbled within him, building up slowly, and his lower lip quivered, his fists trembling from the effort of suppressing it all.

"Just— please be careful, Storm. Keep an eye on your brother; he's up to something. And whatever he's planning, it's bound to happen soon. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe next year."

Tesarah's words rang in his head, and he released a soft gasp, his eyes widening.

"Your brother, he's planning something. Something bad."

He turned to face his brother, who still had that nonchalant expression on his face, eyes wandering the wall opposite them in an almost absent manner. How empty his green eyes were, Storm noted.

"And he kept muttering things, whenever he was alone. Something about killing."

Storm stood.

Killing.

"Brother," he said softly, voice shaking. Xenor cocked his head at him, raising a questioning eyebrow.

His green eyes continued to show no sign of loss. No sign of pain, grief, nor even a tiny hint of sadness.

Nothing.

Killing.

Storm remembered hearing Xenor mutter something about a king the previous day. The last day he and his father spoke to each other.

"Was it you?" His voice wavered, and he reeled in every last bit of self-control that he had in him. "Were you the one?"

King.

Killing.

Xenor seemed even more befuddled as his eyes narrowed, a frown on his lips.

Kill the king.

"Were you the one who killed Father?"

Gasps resounded as the three adults with them stared at him, stunned. Storm ignored them, focusing only on his brother.

Xenor rolled his eyes, scoffing. "What nonsensical accusations are you spouting, little brother?" His frown turned into a scowl. "I would never commit such a damnable crime."