T W O

"The older brother won many battles,
while the younger was labelled a coward."

Xenor was by no means weak.

He knew he was strong.

Powerful.

He was destined to become the greatest king in Argon's history. What else? He had been bestowed with such remarkable talents— almost as if the great Guardian Spirit of Argon had favoured him before he was born.

Surely, to be crowned as king was his fate?

As he lay on his bed, contemplating, he heard a knock, and cocked his head towards the door.

"Who is it?" he called out lazily, sitting up. The door opened, and in stepped Rosemary Flitterdew, the Head Maid of the Palace.

"Your Highness." She curtsied. Xenor got off the bed.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Your father has requested for your presence at the battle arena. There will be a sparring session today," the maid reported. Xenor raised an eyebrow at her quizzically. A sparring session? Against who?

Rosemary caught his questioning gaze. "You will be sparring against His Highness Storm. He has already been informed of this," she told him.

"I see. Thank you very much." Xenor nodded his head, and dismissed her. When she left, he sat back down on his bed, pondering.

A sparring session.

This would be the first time he would be fighting against someone else. To be completely honest, Xenor was excited by the prospect. He could finally showcase his true battle prowess to his parents, instead of having them watch the same old drills and practices he was required to do everyday.

He could finally show them that he was the worthy one.

Then he frowned.

Wasn't his opponent Storm?

Xenor wasn't very keen on fighting against his little brother. Of all people, why did it have to be Storm? Sure, the session was to evaluate their development so far (that was what he figured, at least), and they had to fight their very best, but Xenor found himself hesitating.

He didn't want to hurt Storm, in any way.

It was true that he liked to tease his little brother (he meant no harm though, honest), but Xenor couldn't stand seeing him cry. Seeing tears streaming down from his brother's sky blue eyes made him feel like a bully, and he didn't like that.

He loved Storm very much.

The day I hate him is the day I descend into darkness and evil.

Xenor stiffened at the thought. He shook his head quickly.

Then, he left his room, heading towards the battle arena.