I didn't even know I was capable of saying something like that. I had never said anything as nice or pleasant as that before and I had convinced myself that being nice was a bad thing, but it felt rather satisfying to say that to Niall.

"If you're worried about your clothes being too small, I could take you shopping to get new ones, okay?" I asked. I didn't know why I was so quick to suggest that. I couldn't remember the last time I had agreed to help someone, not until I had met Niall. Perhaps I just wanted to spend more time with him.

"Sure," he mumbled, glancing up at me through wet eyelashes. His eyes may be bloodshot, but it didn't make the crystal blue I had grown so accustomed to any more dull.

Without thinking, I reached over and wiped a stray tear from his cheek, which made him blush.

He really was beautiful.

I retracted my hand slowly, hoping he wouldn't comment on my previous action.

"Let's go?" I said, more of a question than a statement, adding to the awkwardness. I had never acted like that and I knew that Niall had some sort of effect on me. Though I was unsure if that was a good thing or not.

"Wait, I need to go get my phone," he gently grabbed my arm and dragged me inside and up to his room.

I hadn't been in there for a little while. Not one thing had changed about it, aside from the large pile of clothes strewn across the floor. It looked as though he had thrown his whole closet on the floor.

"Yeah... sorry for the mess..." he trailed off, looking between me and the mess with a rather embarrassed expression on his face.

I shook my head, grinning and taking this time to take in his appearance properly. He was wearing a sweater, and from the way that the sleeves covered his hands, I knew it would be incredibly baggy on him if it weren't for the baby bump.

He had placed a flower crown on, this one was made up of daisies. He looked extremely innocent and I felt the sudden urge to lean in and kiss him. Though instead of doing that, I cleared my throat, following him out of his room.

That was close.

~

"So boys, anything different happening recently?" Dr. James asked as soon as we were seated in the usual room. Nothing was really out of the ordinary. The bump was getting bigger and Niall's hormones were fucking crazy, but those were things that Niall had been experiencing for a while.

"Not really. I had a little meltdown about the bump growing but it wasn't that bad," Niall said.

"If you describe 'nearly knocking me over when I knock on your door' as not bad than yeah, everything's fine," I responded, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, when you put it that way it sounds bad," Niall replied, embarrassed.

"That's alright, Niall. The hormones are normal. How are your cravings going?" she asked, lips turned up in an amused smile as she studied the two of us. I could almost tell what she was thinking and I should be a lot more concerned than I actually was. 

"They're good, much easier than they were to begin with," Niall replied, seemingly unbothered by the sudden tension in the room. Perhaps I was the only one that could feel it. 

Niall was a lot more calm during these appointments than he used to be. Sure, he was quite obviously nervous about what was going to happen as the pregnancy progresses but he seemed so much more at ease than he used to. In fact, he was doing amazing for the situation that he was in. Not many people would be as calm and accepting as he was when going through something like this. Myself included.