24.

Harry's POV

I was extremely happy that Niall returned my feelings. I didn't want to think of what would have happened if he didn't like me back. Things would have become so awkward between us and I knew it would be a lot worse considering the fact that we were about to have a child. 

There was the chance that Niall would react badly to my feelings and then not want to be around me. Not want to let me be near my baby. 

Months ago, I wouldn't have cared about that. Now was different. I wanted to see my child. The thoughts of not meeting the person that I helped create was surprisingly painful and I didn't want to see that happen. Even if that was the one thing I wanted in the past. 

Not only would I never meet my child but what if I was never able to speak to Niall again? The small blond had managed to make his way into my life and I didn't like the thought of him leaving it.

I hadn't been this happy in years.

~

"I can't believe you made me skip school for this," Niall sighed, seeming more amused than anything else.

"It was worth it, though," I grinned, causing him to roll his eyes but smiled nonetheless. 

"I guess. I-- I didn't realise how nice this would actually be," he admitted rather shyly. 

I hummed in agreement. I didn't think that I would willingly be spending time with Niall for things that were not strictly related to the baby but I couldn't lie and say that I wasn't enjoying myself. 

"It's a lot less scary...having you here," he told me quietly, glancing down at his stomach briefly. 

I couldn't help but feel guilty for the time it took for me to willingly be a part of this. I had caused Niall a lot more stress than he needed. 

"Yeah. Well, I'm going to be here from now on," I promised him, fully believing myself for the first time. 

"We need to talk about what happens after the baby's born. Like, where are they living?" he asked.

I hadn't even thought about that. With everything that had been happening since this had all started, I was too caught up in thinking about the current situation to pay even a second of attention to what would happen afterwards.

"You have that spare room, right? I think that we could do something in there," I replied slowly.

"Well...yeah. But what about you? This is your kid too, Harry. Are you sure you want them to live here?" he asked, peering up at me.

"That doesn't matter to me, baby. Driving here to see you both isn't that big of a deal. I figured it made more sense if they were with you, considering," I gestured to the way he had his hands protectively on his stomach. 

"Are you sure?" he continued to question, seemingly unconvinced. 

"Yes, babe. I promise," I assured him, amused at his concern. 

"Okay," he murmured.  "What are we going to name them?" he asked.

"Do you have any ideas?" I questioned.

He seemed hesitant, as if he was holding something back, before he nodded slowly. 

"I was thinking of the name Carter if we have a boy," he suggested quietly. He was now incredibly tense, taking his lip between his teeth and letting out a shaky breath.

"You okay, princess?" I asked him.

He looked up again, his eyes were now watery with tears but he smiled nonetheless.