Chapter 7

Dan wakes up to the sharp sound of silverware hitting the ground. Even though groggy, he can't shake the feeling that something is off. Rolling out of Phil's bed, wait, Phil's bed?! What? Why am I here? After taking a moment to think, Dan decides to investigate the noise from the kitchen. He creeps down the hall, poking his head into the kitchen. Phil turns around at the exact same moment.
"Oh, morning, love!" Phil grins. "I was making us breakfast," he kisses Dan's cheek before moving to grab something from behind him.
Dan stands there, petrified with shock. "L-love?"
Phil looks up from what he's doing, the tone of the younger's voice worrying him. "Yes? Is everything okay?"
"You called me love...and I woke up in your bed..." Dan mutters.
"I can't hear you when you mumble, Bear," Phil says gently, taking the brunette into his arms.
Dan's face turns bright red at this, and he melts into Phil's hug. "It's nothing, I guess I just had a bad nightmare."
"Do you want to talk about it?"
Dan shakes his head, smiling softly. "Let's make pancakes." I'm not wasting whatever this is with my worrying. If I can be with Phil, I should enjoy it.
"Okay," the raven smiles, gathering all of their ingredients.
~~~~~
"No, Phil, we need golden syrup before we can eat these," Dan says, grabbing Phil's hand to stop him.
"I think we're out," Phil replies, looking through the cabinet.
"We absolutely cannot eat without some."
"Want me to run to the store?" Phil asks, a small smile on his lips.
"Would you? You're the best, Phil! Thanks," Dan exclaims.
"Anything for you, Bear," the older grins widely, kissing Dan's forehead and heading out, leaving a flushed and flustered boy at home. "Bye!"
"Bye." Dan smiles shyly, still not used to this. Had Dan's warning really changed time? The brunette opens the laptop in on the couch, making a beeline to his own YouTube channel. Everything seemed to be in order, except for one thing. A video posted about seven months ago, entitled "Our Story". The thumbnail was a picture of Dan and Phil in the former's room, sitting beside one another. Dan's hand grasped Phil's in a firm, yet sweet hold. Dan's head was rested in Phil's shoulder, and both boys had huge smiles on their faces. Dan can almost feel Phil's hand in his...
~~~~~
"...And that's our story. Thanks for watching, and I'll see you guys soon." Dan finishes speaking and shuts off the camera, but never lets go of Phil's hand.
    "You were great, Dan." Phil says, kissing him quickly and sweetly.
    "Thanks. You were...amazing," Dan cringes at his own pun.
    Phil laughs. "Okay, your channel or mine?"
    "Both," Dan replies, posting the video completely unedited.
    They let out a sigh of relief. It had been a mutual decision to come out in this way, and they were both happy to get it off their chests.
    "I love you, Bear."
    "I love you, too."
~~~~~
"Dan, I'm home!"
Dan jumps at the sound of Phil's voice. He hadn't heard him come in.
"Hey Phil. Did you get the stuff?"
"Of course I did."
Dan grins, and Phil kisses his forehead. Dan immediately latches onto Phil, with no intentions of letting go.
"You're really affectionate this morning, huh?" The raven comments.
"I just love you."
"I love you more."
Dan smiles, shaking his head.

I guess I never did let go.