Chapter 1

London

The bright sun shines through the curtains of Phil Lester's bedroom. The raven haired boy stretches, squinting at the light streaming in. He slips on his glasses and pads into the kitchen quietly, being careful as to not wake his sleeping flatmate. Ever so carefully, he picks up two mugs, spoons, and his favorite instant coffee. Starting the kettle, he begins to brew some for Dan and himself. While trying to set everything down, Phil drops the spoons to the floor, and they hit the ground with a loud, metal clank. Well, that didn't quite work, he thinks, hurrying to pick everything up. Phil hears Dan's door open. "Did I wake you, Dan? Sorry!"
Soft footsteps round the corner, and the person that steps into the room is certainly not who Phil was expecting. The teenage boy stays out of the kitchen, eyes wide in innocent fear. His long brown fringe covers his scared face.
"D-Dan?" Phil questions, shocked.
  "Phil?! W-where are we? And, what happened to you?!" Dan asks, panicked.
  "Oh my god...how did you get here...?" Phil can't manage to say much else.
  "Phil....what's going on?" Dan takes a fearful step back.
"Do you know what year it is?" Phil says gently, trying not to scare the little brunette.
Dan blushes madly. "Umm...November, 2009," He says shyly.
"Dan, you're in 2015," Phil murmurs, keeping his tone kind and calm.
Dan's chocolate eyes widen. He looks around the flat carefully. Phil lets the boy take in his surroundings for a moment. Oddly enough, Dan's stares always come back to Phil himself, causing the young brunette to turn pink. I can't blame him for that. We both fancied each other back then...
Dan's voice breaks Phil away from his thoughts.
       "Is this our flat?" He asks hopefully. "We live here together?"
Phil nods slowly.
"Does that mean...?!"
"No, it doesn't." The raven speaks quietly, though he doesn't want to admit it. The YouTube power duo had not ended up together.
"O-oh..." he pauses for a moment, "What's happened to the Phil from 2009? And where's your Dan?"
"I don't know, but I'm sure they're fine."
~~~~~
Dan appears on Phil's doorstep. Out of thin air, he just teleports. It takes a moment for his eyes to adjust, but once they do, the brunette is horribly confused. He is back at Phil's place from 2009. What the hell?! Why am I here?! Dan looks around desperately, but sees no other solution than to knock on the door.
    "Coming!" Calls Phil's voice he runs to the door and swings it open. "Can I help you? Hey, you look a lot like my friend Dan!"
    "Would you believe me if I told you...I was Dan?" The tall brunette seems unsure of his own words.
    Phil just stands there for a moment, staring. "How can you be Dan? Don't tell me you're from the future!" he giggles.
    "Actually, I think you're spot on." Dan smiles sheepishly.
    "...Really?"
    "Yeah. And I have no idea how I got here or where I came from..." He awkwardly laughs.
    "Yep, you're Dan alright." Phil grins, teasing him just a little, "Even as an old dude, you're still the same awkward guy!"
    "I'm only 23, you spork..." Dan murmurs.
    "23?! We're the same age, and you're hotter than me!"
    Dan rolls his eyes, stepping into the familiar house again. I forgot what a flirt you were, Phil. He grins silently, looking around.
    "Back to the elephant in the room, how did this happen? And what year are you from?" Phil inquires.
    "I have no idea, but I'm from 2015."
Phil's eyes widen. The excitement is visible in them. He fires off all sorts of questions, the majority were answered by a simple, "You know how I feel about spoilers."
    "Are we still friends?" Phil asks finally, hope in his voice.
    "Best friends. Still the same plan. We live in London and share a flat."
    Phil grins mischievously. "We're together, right?"
    Dan looks at the floor. "Not in the way you're thinking."
    "R-really?" he frowns, falling silent.
    Dan nods solemnly. "Yeah."
~~~~~

Hey guys
Thanks for reading my first chapter of my first published fic!
I don't have a fancy cover or anything yet, as this is my first story that I'm actually putting out for people to read. I'll try to update every Thursday, so look out for more of A Difference in Time!
Tell me what you think!
Thanks
~Sleepy