Chapter two: Where it all began

Start from the beginning

Me and Kai each got on a ladder. We attached a big green ribbon that said 'Happy birthday green ninja!' on it.

I started to hum a song. Kai stared at me funny.

"What's up with you?" Kai asked.

"Oh, nothing..." I answered slowly, "It's just...did I mention that your sister is hot?"

Kai rolled his eyes, "Yeah, several times."

I couldn't help but grunt at him. He is such a party pooper.

I finished putting up my side of the ribbon. All I had to do was wait for Kai to put his up. I could tell that he was taking his time on purpose.

After we finished with that, we had to put up green and gold balloons, since before he was the golden ninja.

I knew his power wouldn't last long.

After that, we set up ribbons on the chairs, tables, stage, and pretty much everywhere.

That wasn't too bad. Through the window I saw Sensei Wu hitting Cole with his staff, he tried to lick the frosting.

Through the reflection of the window, I saw Nya...she looked so pretty in her outfit. She got out of her cloak car and had some groceries bags for tonight's feast.

"Hehe, h--hey Nya," I stammered, "You look nice today."

Nya chuckled, "Thanks, you look nice too. If you're not busy I was wondering if you can help me with tonight's dinner."

"Of course, I will," I said, cooed.

I grab the other bag of groceries from Nya, grabbed her hand, and walked inside. Kai shook his head.

I'm telling you...PARTY POOPER!!

********************

The place was PACKED!

Everyone I knew was there. Of course, my parents came. I just hope that they won't get in the way with Nya.

Right now me and the guys were sitting at a table drinking our apple cider. This felt more like a Christmas party than a birthday.

We might as well give him our presents now. Lloyd opened up Zane's first. Once the box was open, he pulled out a toothbrush.

"Wow, thanks, Zane," Lloyd smiled at him.

"My pleasure," Zane replied, "I know it isn't much, but your breath gives an odor from time to time."

Lloyd smelled his breath and then blushed slightly, "Oh man, how come no one told me until now?"

We all laughed for some reason. Lloyd picked up Cole's next. He pulled out a green T-shirt that had a bulldog doing the peace sign, a pair of jeans, and a pair of sunglasses.

Lloyd stared at the clothes, especially the sunglasses, "I didn't really need more clothes. I have plenty of outfits in my closet."

Cole gave him a  puzzled look, "Well, it's just...I thought you would like it. I can imagine you wearing those right now all the ladies will come at ya."

Lloyd smiled, "Of course, I love your gift, thanks Cole." He put on the sunglasses.

Lloyd picked up Kai's present. He pulled out candy, comic books, and a shampoo set.

Lloyd chuckled, "Thanks Kai, but I'm not a kid anymore."

Kai grunted, "Well at least I got something classic. I mean look! Its captain...whatever his name was!"

Haha! Finally, he can open my present.

Wait...did I even buy him a gift?

Uh oh.

"So Jay, have anything for me?" Lloyd asked me.

I stood there paralyzed. I didn't know what to do. I felt bad for him but I had to think my way out of this.

"Uh..." I stuttered, "Yeah it's uh... it's...this!" I hand my cup of apple cider.

Lloyd stared at me confused, "You're giving me your drink?"

As I said, I thought my way out, "Yeah, what? Not expensive enough for you Mr Fancy pants? Well! might as well take my laughter and share good thoughts elsewhere."

I get out of my seat and power walked away from everybody. I turned to the left then stopped. I wanted to cry. I never gave him an attitude before.

Not realizing, Nya noticed me. She walked up and put her hand on my shoulder.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

I sighed, "Ugh, I forgot to give Lloyd a birthday gift. I feel so bad. I gave them too much of an attitude and I feel like a big jerk."

"Don't worry," Nya replied, "I'm pretty sure he doesn't hate you. I'll go talk to him after the party. Maybe he'll understand."

I smiled, "Thanks, Nya."

We stared into each other's eyes. I just realized this can finally be the moment I kiss Nya. I slowly moved my head closer to hers when suddenly my parents came.

"Oh hey, Jay!" My mom shouted.

Geez! She is LOUD!

"Mom!" I cried, "Can't you see I'm busy?!"

"Now Edna it looks like our son doesn't want us around right now," My dad replied.

"I know Ed," My mom said, "But he can wait. C'mon you two, the announcement is about to start."

My parents walk to over to the tables where the stage was. I had no choice but to follow them.

So much for my moment.

I sat down with my parents and Nya. Everyone was just crowded. More candles started to shine bright.

Misako walked up to the stage and grabbed the microphone. She had shut everyone up.

"Thank you all for coming. I hope you're all having a good time."

Everyone started cheering. They were having the best moment of their life.

"I would like to give a round of applause to the ninja for decorating this place."

Nya and I walked up on stage. I saw Kai, Zane, and Cole coming from the other side.

Everyone was cheering especially my parents. I felt myself getting hot. I hope no one can see me blush.

We all took a bow. Misako continued to speak.

"And now, Lloyd Garmadon will come up for a huge toast. Happy birthday son!"

I heard Lloyd chuckle. He walked up on stage and stopped in front of us. He took the microphone from Misako and took out a piece of paper.

He cleared his throat, "Okay I want to thank these guys, especially Kai. He promised to protect me and saved me from Morro's possession. If he haven't done that, we probably wouldn't even be here. As for all you folks, I just wanna say---"

Suddenly, the candles went out, dimming a bit of the place. Then the power goes out, causing everyone to flip out.

The wind started to pick up and clouds suddenly appear out of nowhere.

Lightning struck the stage, causing it to fall over we jumped off and everyone fled before it hit the ground.

Everyone left including my parents. The wind was blowing so hard that I was struggling to stay put.

I thought Morro returned. But of course, I was way off, cause we already took care of him.

I stared in horror as I saw a funnel appearing.

It was a twister. And it was heading straight towards us...