Chapter 9

****Hi! I'm back, sorry I wasn't really feeling this chapter until this morning and I made sure to get it written out before I lost it again, you guys don't deserve to wait so long. I have great news, I'm done with swimming so I'm all yours I may even get to update twice a week if things go well. I hope you guys forgive me for these long waiting periods but I'm thrilled you guys are sticking with it, thank you! Anyway here you go, the next chapter all edited, I think, that's another thing, I you guys see a typo please let me know so I can change it, I'm a really bad editor even though my mother is one. Oh well. Please COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW ME! hope you guys like it. Enjoy!!****

No picture for this chapter folks. Sorry.

******************************************************************************************************

Aris's POV

My eyes flickered open as a stray ray of light shining through my charcoal grey drapes landed on my face. I sat up, my hair frizzing and my face groggy.

It may have seemed like every other morning, but under the circumstances of last night, this morning would be nothing but pleasant. Note my sarcasm.

I can't believe you made me leave him! Pandora cried in my head. Great the first thing I wake up to is my little wolf crying like an abandoned pup. We're off to a great start.

Well guess what I did, deal with it! I shot back, getting out of bed.

We're going back right? The hope in her voice almost made it seem to rude to shoot it down, almost.

No, I'm not going back there.

But he's so strong! Think of how powerful we'll be with an Alpha mate! I'll be a Luna! That's so exciting! She cheered.

We're powerful now, and we've been perfectly well of the past 3 years without him, and he's a brat, a spoiled kid who doesn't look like he knows anything about earning a title, it was just handed to him.

So? That's how it works! Pandora argued; I could practically see my wolf stomping her paws in my head. I walked to the bathroom and turned on the water in the shower.

Not for me! I growled, my eyes flickering purple in my reflection. I grabbed the counter so hard I thought I would break it and my nails scraped the tile.

Stop feeling so sorry for yourself! Not everyone can suffer what you did, stop being so stubborn, he's our mate. We belong together, the Moon Goddess made it so we are perfect. Diablo is the perfect wolf, and he's strong enough to protect us, he told me so; but he can't until you submit, that's all you have to do! Why can't you just bow?! She was screaming now.

I grabbed my ears and shook my head, she was so loud in my mind, and all she was saying were thing I didn't want to hear. I screamed in frustration and punched the tile, cracking the marble. Immediately I calmed down, I had taken out my rage on a gift from Cyrus. I crumpled to the ground, my head hanging between my knees, my hearth throbbing.

Take us back to him, bow to him, become his Luna, bear his pups, be a normal she-wolf. Pandora quieted down and for the first time she sounded intelligent. That was the life my parents would have hoped I would have, but deep down they knew it would take someone more stubborn than me to get me to comply. Ezra always told me my mate would treat me like a queen or he would knock his head off. It almost sounded tempting, but not enough.

No.

What?

No. I can't not after everything I worked for, not after all the pain I endured, I'm not just going to let it go. I will become strong enough to live without my mate even if I can't reject him, I can't just become a docile mother, I can't. It's not what Cyrus wanted, it's not what my parents wanted... It's not what Ezra wanted.